P9 Decos and Eero router

P9 Decos and Eero router
P9 Decos and Eero router
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

We just changed our ISP to Youfibre, who provided an Eero router, swapped in from previous Virgin SmartHub3.  I assumed that I would simply be able to swap the main Deco over to the new router, and therefore link to 2 other Decos in my house.  This has created a useable network inside the house, but the signal in my office at the bottom of the garden now has low and inconsistent bandwidth, causing problems for Zoom calls/streaming and slowing down connection (currently 26Kbps download, 16Kbps upload - not good when speeds at router are 500Mbps+).  

Is this a compatibility issue, and if so, is there anything I can do to improve this connection, or do I have to change hardware (new TP-Link router, or Eero pods/extenders)?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:P9 Decos and Eero router
a week ago

@Match 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Is "currently 26Kbps download, 16Kbps upload" the speed rate on the Deco APP?

Have you checked whether both satellite P9s are still working on PLC/Wi-Fi Backhaul, such as

Eero is also a wireless router with an Ethernet interface. So if Eero could be connected directly to YouFiber, I think you can connect the main Deco P9 to the Fiber endpoint directly without an Eero router to check the network speed around the house.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 1

Related Articles