Is it possible to use the 6GHz as another 5GHz band?

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20240123 Rel. 70835

Hi, I recently bought a Deco BE85 on Amazon JP and everything works fine except a few things that are not quite good.

1. IPV6 works as intended if I use a windows laptop which connected to my Deco BE85 wirelessly. However, IPV6 does not work correcly if I use android phones or tablets.(My Deco BE85 runs under Access Point Mode)

2. Is it possible to use the 6GHz band as another 5GHz band? I can't find that option in Deco App or web admin page. This feature is important since 6GHz is not allowed in some of the areas.

3. Is it possible to change the channel manually for 2.4GHz/5GHz/6GHz?

4. Which SFP+ modules actually work with Deco BE85? I tried two different SFP+ modules which worked perfectly on my network switch and other devices.( Module info: SM-1.4km-1310nm-10G)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is it possible to use the 6GHz as another 5GHz band?
3 weeks ago

@gesong2077 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Here is some information for your reference:

3. Deco doesn't support changing channel manually for 2.4GHz/5GHz/6GHz.

2. Is it possible to use the 6GHz band as another 5GHz band? I can't find that option in Deco App or web admin page. This feature is important since 6GHz is not allowed in some of the areas.

Deco BE85 supports MLO Link and it has two options: 2.4+5+6 Ghz, or 5+6Ghz.

I think you can enable the MLO network with 5+6Ghz. In this way, for the device that don't support 6GHz, it will only use 5Ghz when connecting to the MLO network.

4. For the SFP+ modules, some tested models are:

TL-SM5110-SR; TL-SM5110-LR;

10GTeck AXS85-192-M3;10GTeck AXS13-192-10

Intel FTLX1471D3BCV-IT

UBNT UF-MM-10G

HUAWEI FTLX8571D3BCL-HW;HUAWEI LTF-1305-BH+

Cisco SFP-10G-SR

1. For the IPV6 internet,

Do you mean the android phones or tablets couldn't get IPV6 addresses from Deco BE85?

Can I have some screenshots of your IPV6 configurations?

I saw some users mentioned before that Android does not support DHCPv6. It is suggested to use SLAAC + RDNSS.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/659038

Have you tried this Assigned Type?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Is it possible to use the 6GHz as another 5GHz band?
3 weeks ago

Deco BE85 supports MLO Link and it has two options: 2.4+5+6 Ghz, or 5+6Ghz.

I think you can enable the MLO network with 5+6Ghz. In this way, for the device that don't support 6GHz, it will only use 5Ghz when connecting to the MLO network.

R: Does that mean if the device does not support 6Ghz but supports dual 5G Band MLO, when the device connects to he MLO network with 5+6Ghz, it will downgrade to 5G+5G automatically?

1. For the IPV6 internet,

Do you mean the android phones or tablets couldn't get IPV6 addresses from Deco BE85?

Can I have some screenshots of your IPV6 configurations?

I saw some users mentioned before that Android does not support DHCPv6. It is suggested to use SLAAC + RDNSS.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/659038

Have you tried this Assigned Type?

R: My deco is running under Access Point Mode, so there is no option to change the ipv6 settings. I have other old Wifi5/Wifi6 wireless routers (2 of them are also TP-Link products but not the Deco series) and none of them have such issues under Access Point Mode.

Thank you for the response  @David-TP 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 2

Related Articles