onemesh AX72 as a satelitte with AX90

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I want to connect my AX72 as a satelitte device to AX90 via onemesh feature.
I can't change option to satelitte in AX72 :(
Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:onemesh AX72 as a satelitte with AX90-Solution

@biq 

Ok, now I see what's the issue.

If you know that the AX72 is in "Main" mode after switching to Satellite mode or a Factory Restore, then it means you have set a new password and logged into AX72 again.

However, on TP-Link's routers this invalidates the whole process. 

After switching to Satellite mode or a Factory Restore do not log into the AX72 again. Then either add an EasyMesh router from within the AX90's webpage or use the WPS procedure.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:onemesh AX72 as a satelitte with AX90
a week ago

@biq 

Hi,

If you don't see an "EasyMesh" menu on your AX72 (that's where the change-to-satellite-mode option is located), then your AX72 is likely running in "Access Point" mode at the moment. If that was the case, then you need to switch the AX72 to "Router" mode first.

Alternatively you can also just do a "Factory Restore" on the AX72. On TP-Link's current router models switching to Satellite mode is actually the same as performing a "Factory Restore".

Options
a week ago

@woozle 

Hi,

i can see the option in menu but changing gives nothing. Router restart and is still in the same mode (Main). Factory reset done and also failed to change it.

Options
Re:onemesh AX72 as a satelitte with AX90-Solution

@biq 

If you know that the AX72 is in "Main" mode after switching to Satellite mode or a Factory Restore, then it means you have set a new password and logged into AX72 again.

After switching to Satellite mode or a Factory Restore do not log into the AX72 again. Then either add an EasyMesh router from within the AX90's webpage or use the WPS procedure.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

Since AX90 is a Onemesh capable only router but AX72 is an Easymesh capable here's a post where the user succeeded doing this via WPS method.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

woozle wrote

@biq 

@woozle 

Switching to Satellite Mode/Factory reset unfortunately doesn't work at all - routers are pretty close to each other.

WPS procedure worked very nice and now the connection is established :)

Q:

Is it possible to use easymesh/onemesh via Ethernet (backhaul) now when they can see each other (as i know AX90 doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul) ??

Basically if I connect them via cable now, will it work still like onemesh/easymesh?

Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

Indeed WPS method worked well

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 6

Related Articles