Deco BE95 Questions

Deco BE95 Questions

Deco BE95 Questions
Deco BE95 Questions
a week ago
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

Team, I have to publish this in the EN Deco forum cause i didn't get any answer from US Deco forum.

I really love this mesh router, but I feel like the TP-Link team has forgotten about it and hasn't dedicated enough attention to it. I have noticed that they have been focusing only on the new products like the Deco BE 63, Deco BE 85(Came out with deco be95), Deco X & XE Series. Considering that many people invest $1200 in this premium router, we expect a little more.

My concerns are:

- When will we receive a new firmware release with new features that other Decos have?

- The advertisement of the mesh says that you get four streams in each band, but the 2.4GHz band is only getting two streams.

- The 6GHz-2 band is only for backhaul. For people who put effort into connecting the routers with an Ethernet cable, it’s a big loss of investment.

- I will never be able to use 320MHz in 6GHz. I heard that it is only supported by the 6GHz-2, which clients are not allowed to use; it is only for backhaul.

- MLO only supports two bands (5GHz & 6GHz). If the reason is that 2.4GHz is only Wi-Fi 6, that is fine, but there is another band, which is 6GHz-2, that is not being used.

- I know that you are working on VPN Wireguard, but when can we expect to get this protocol in NordVPN? OpenVPN is cutting out my gig speed by 800Mbps.

- is any plan for having more ipv6 protocols? Alumen ISP witch owns quantum fiber and centurylink here in usa, they only support ipv6RD.

- Is there any plan to get the Wi-Fi 7 certificate? Or has it been discarded for any hardware capacities? Deco BE 85 and 65 already have it.

I hope that you will take into consideration these concerns and that these features will be added with time. It should be noted that this route came out last year.

Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco BE95 Questions
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Luis-Camacho 

Hi, welcome to the communtiy.

Deco BE95 will receive new firmware as other models. I see that the 1.0.18 version is in the release process now.

I have noticed that certain Deco models, like the Deco X50, tend to receive new firmware versions more quickly than other models. Later the similar version will be gradually rolled out to other models. In my view, the engineers tend to concentrate on several models first and make sure this version runs stable and performs as expected before releasing similar versions for other models.

For the 4 streams on 2.4GHz, I wonder if you check it by the wireless link speed over 2.4GHz.

If yes, I think one reason might be that the tested mobile device is 2*2 MU-MIMO while BE95 is 4×4 MU-MIMO so its 2.4GHz wireless link speed is only 574m/s.

As for the MLO network, the integrated bands need to support 802.11be.  So I think it is because the 2.4 GHz of BE85 doesn't support 802.11be.

Both 6GHz-1 and 6GHz-2 support 320MHz. So if your Wi-Fi 7 client supports 320mhz as well, I think you should be able to use 320Mhz over 6GHz.

So far, Deco X50_V1 with the 1.5.0 version is the first model that supports Wireguard VPN protocol. If everything goes as intended, Deco BE95 should support similar features.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3767/

As for the ipv6RD, it is not supported yet. It has been forwarded to the engineers before. However, we are still awaiting a definite response from them.

For the Wi-Fi 7 certificate, I consulted the senior engineers earlier since some other users had the same inquiry. There hasn't been a plan to make BE95 WiFi 7 certificated yet.

But they also confirmed Whether BE95 is certified or not, as long as it is announced as Wi-Fi 7 capable, you can enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi 7.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP  What's new in 1.0.18 ? Mine just updated this morning. 

Options
a week ago
I have been under the impression that the BE95 uses the 5Ghz and BOTH 6Ghz bands for MLO.
Options
Monday

@AnyArmato 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

You could take the following release notes as reference:

Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Improved the stability of the system.
2. Added the IoT Network information on the web management interface.
3. Fixed the bug that the USB Sharing feature shows the wrong size of the USB drive in certain cases.
4. Fixed the bug that the Online Client list sometimes shows 0 clients.
5. Fixed the known bugs related to Samsung S24 Ultra which might lead to the crash and auto-reboot on the Deco side.
6. Fixed the bug that the PPPoE connection failed to dial up after turning the IPTV/VLAN feature.

Best regards.

Options