Plugs not showing my wifi netowork from Japanese Synology Router

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo P105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought some Tapo P105 plugs in the US on trip recently and returned to my home in Japan. I have a Japanese purchased Synology WRX560 which my Japanese purchased P105 plugs connected to just fine, but my US plugs cannot see my SSID, possibly due to hard coded wifi channel settings in the plugs. What can I do about this other than re-buy devices by region?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Plugs not showing my wifi netowork from Japanese Synology Router-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Jope 

Check which 2.4GHz channel the WiFi is running on, if it is on channel 12 or 13, which is not supported in the US, you may try to change it to channel 1, 6, 11. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Plugs not showing my wifi netowork from Japanese Synology Router-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Jope 

Check which 2.4GHz channel the WiFi is running on, if it is on channel 12 or 13, which is not supported in the US, you may try to change it to channel 1, 6, 11. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Plugs not showing my wifi netowork from Japanese Synology Router
2 weeks ago

Hi @Wayne-TP,

Thank you very much for the reply and information. I have not been able to find these details anywhere in any documentation, it would be nice if it was included. 

After checking, my 2.4 GHz is indeed on channel 12. I recently changed my network to Synology from Unifi, which is from the US, and did not have such problems as these settings were much more customizable. I'll see what I can do about that but unfortunately, the easiest solution is probably to buy the Japan version of the plugs.

Cheers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 2

Related Articles