lowering the TTL on tplinkdns Services

2 weeks ago
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Bulid 20230324 Rel. 50892

While I appreciate the convenience and functionality that TP-Link's DDNS service offers, I have noticed a significant delay in IP address updates.

Specifically, whenever my IP address changes, it takes approximately 15 minutes for the TP-Link DDNS service to reflect this change.

As someone who relies on this service for remote access and connectivity purposes, this delay can be quite inconvenient and disruptive to my workflow.

Therefore, I kindly request that TP-Link consider lowering the Time-to-Live (TTL) value for the DDNS records associated with its service. By reducing the TTL, the DDNS records would update more frequently, allowing for quicker synchronization between the dynamic IP address changes and the associated domain name.

Lowering the TTL for the TP-Link Official DDNS service would greatly improve its responsiveness and usability for users like myself who rely on real-time access to their devices and networks. I believe this adjustment would enhance the overall user experience and satisfaction with TP-Link products and services.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and any updates regarding the feasibility of implementing a lower TTL for the TP-Link Official DDNS service.

Best regards.

Options
4 Reply
Re: lowering the TTL on tplinkdns Services
2 weeks ago

@Mdorta 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

So far, I haven't heard any plans to edit the TTL on TP-Link DDNS Services yet.

Moreover, I happen to see the new 1.5.0 firmware version for Deco S7 is on the way which has added DynDNS and No-IP DNS.

Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP Do you have any idea when this update date is scheduled?

Is there any way that TPLINK decides to lower the TTL of its service from 15 minutes to 1 minute?

From already thank you very much

Options
2 weeks ago

@Mdorta 

Hi, 

I can see this firmware is already in the release process. Normally a group of selected users will detect it first.

Based on the original experience, if everything goes as intended, the final official version will be uploaded to the official websites within the next few weeks.

I'm also requesting a pre-downloaded link for this version and if needed, I can send you later once I received it.

As for the TP-link DDNS interval, have you tried to change the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helped?

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Mdorta Thanks for your kind reply

I changed the DNS of my S7 deco to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but the ttl of the DDNS tplink service does not change.

I understand that this is something that TPLINK applies directly to its service and for some reason it has it set automatically to 15 minutes.

Could it be reported that the time is lowered?

Since when the dynamic IP is updated there is a gap of 15 minutes during which the service varies between the old IP and the new IP that I assigned, making it impossible to connect to the services provided within the network after 15 minutes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 102

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles