What is the correct procedure to lift the vacuum cleaner up a step whilst its in a cleaning cycle?

What is the correct procedure to lift the vacuum cleaner up a step whilst its in a cleaning cycle?

3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

I have a step at the end of the passageway leading into the bedrooms. What is the correct procedure to pause the vacuum cleaner so I can lift it up (or down) the step while its in the middle of a cleaning cycle? I have tried pressing the Power/Clean button on the robot which is the Start/pause cleaning ... which pauses the robot successfully but when I lift it up the step and press the Power/Clean button again to resume the cleaning it sometimes starts a new cleaning cycle (not resume the current one). I see this same behavior if I pause it during a cleaning cycle to remove the water tank to fill it up

Options
3 Reply
Re:What is the correct procedure to lift the vacuum cleaner up a step whilst its in a cleaning cycle?
2 weeks ago

@andy_safrica 

The cleaning task typically resumes automatically after a temporary pause, whether it's paused through the app/machine or by lifting the machine directly.

Did you see any prompt in the App or voice message from the device when it starts a new cleaning task?

Is it possible that you click the Spot Cleaning button, instead of the Start/Pause button?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:What is the correct procedure to lift the vacuum cleaner up a step whilst its in a cleaning cycle?
2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

I will take care to press the correct button. If the issue persists I will revert.

I have another question regarding changing wifi routers. I have a rather large single story house and as a result I have two different wifi routers installed. I linked the Tapo RV30 to the wrong wifi (this one does not have coverage over the entire house), is it possible to change the settings to my other wifi without resetting/remapping etc?

Options
2 weeks ago

@andy_safrica 

Change the other WiFi's SSID and password to the same as the current wrong one, or soft reset the robot vacuum to enter setup mode, which removes the network configuration only. 

Be noted that in the first case, the robot vacuum might experience a disconnection problem when it approaches the edge (intersection) of the two WiFi signals as these two WiFi aren't mesh network.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 3

Related Articles