TL WR841N orange light blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-10 06:38:23 - last edited 2020-09-10 07:45:33
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I have TP Link wifi router TL WR841N. I am connecting it to internet directly via cable provided by my internet service provider (Wishnet). It does not use any modem. 

It was working well till last night but suddenly internet led is blinking in orange. My service provider came and plugged it in their wifi router and internet is working fine there but it's not working in my tp link router. 

I have tried some workarounds like unplugging or resetting but nothing is working. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL WR841N orange light blinking-Solution
2020-09-10 07:45:15 - last edited 2020-09-10 07:45:33

@Piku510 

Hello,

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it stops working? 

Try one more time to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s.

Are you able to access its web UI from a browser? What is the hardware and firmware version? If you can access its web interface, confirm if you can still get the WAN IP address from the internet line.

When and where did you buy this also?

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:TL WR841N orange light blinking-Solution
2020-09-10 07:45:15 - last edited 2020-09-10 07:45:33

@Piku510 

Hello,

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it stops working? 

Try one more time to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s.

Are you able to access its web UI from a browser? What is the hardware and firmware version? If you can access its web interface, confirm if you can still get the WAN IP address from the internet line.

When and where did you buy this also?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL WR841N orange light blinking
2020-09-10 09:16:04

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I am using the original power adapter and there was no power cut or bad weather before it stopped working. 

I have reset the router as per your suggestion and after reset I can connect to tplinkwifi.net and can access it's web ui using chrome. Firmware and hardware version image is attached. 

I did not get the last part of your question " Confirm if you can still get the WAN ip from internet line"... How do I check this? 

However, when I am trying to set it up using static ip, it says 'the cable is unplugged'. Though the internet cable is plugged in the wan port. Image attached. 

I have bought this from Amazon on April, 2019.

Thanks

Options
2020-09-10 09:54:39

@Piku510 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP? Do they provide static IP address connection?

Try to exit the Quick Setup and go to Network->WAN, then choose Static IP and check if you can get through.

Try to set it to Dynamic IP if it still shows the cable is unplugged, then confirm the LEDs on the router front panel, ensure the Internet LED is on.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-09-10 10:20:15

@Kevin_Z 

My ISP is Wishnet... It's a local cable broadband provider. They provide static IP connection. 

I tried from WAN > Static IP and still same issue. 

When I am selecting Dynamic IP, everything comes as 0.0.0.0 and I am not able to change it. 

P. S.: the wifi light was steady green, internet light was blinking in orange. 

Thanks, 

Options
2020-09-11 02:20:04

@Piku510 

Hi, thanks so much for your cooperation.

May I know what is the static IP address provided by your ISP? What if you just click on OK to continue, will you be able to input the static IP address and save the settings?

If you can click OK and save the settings after inputting the static IP address but still it shows an orange light, we would like to escalate your case to the engineers and they will help follow it up then help you fix it.

Good days.

Options
2020-09-12 09:55:19

@Kevin_Z 

The static ip is 10.10.65.55. If I just click ok it will not allow me to progress further. But I could enter the details from WAN option but even then the orange light is blinking. 

So it would be great if you escalate this. 

Thanks

Options
2020-09-14 06:38:56

@Piku510 

Hello,

Our engineer has emailed you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2021-03-10 16:38:51

@Kevin_Z 

Hello! I am having the same problem with the led lights being orange and not green, and the wireless signal is not working.

The internet is working, as I have a second router and wireless router and they are working properly. 

My power was out and after that it stopped working.

I will really  appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Thank you!

Options
2021-04-16 05:40:19
Do your problem was solved? I have the same issue if you can help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 11913

Replies: 9