unstable 4g connection with tp link mr 200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 06:53:41
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210120

Hi,

I am using Vi(Vodafone Idea) postpaid sim with tp link mr 200.

The internet connection is very unstable since last two weeks.

Previously the router was supporting pdp type both ipv4 and ipv6 apn configuration and Internet was working fine, but later it stopped supporting it.

Now the internet works only with pdp type ipv4 and connection is very unstable. internet will work for sometimes and then suddenly it will stop working and it keeps doing the same whole day.

The signal strength remains 100% at 90% of the time and snr values vary between 17 to 27.

The log message when internet stops working is only :

DNS 8.8.8.8 resolve timeout 

I have tried following steps:

1. Added DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the LAN settings, but it didn't help.
  2. Tried all the WiFi channel in both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ but it didn't change anything
  3. Tested the sim in my mobile phone and it worked without any issue and phone supports apn type both ipv4 and ipv6. I changed the apn type to ipv4 only in phone as well and used for 2 hours and It didn't cause any issue.
  4. connected pc from the mobile hotspot and it ran without any issue. I monitored it for long duration and didn't find any issue.
  5. Tried different apn value (www, iphone, internet, dynamic) in the router, only www, dynamic and iphone work but situation didn't change.
  6. Tested with Vi prepaid sim as well and found the same issue.

Could you help with this ?

Thank You,

Ajit

Options
1 Reply
Re:unstable 4g connection with tp link mr 200
2023-02-13 13:45:58

I have found one strange issue with vi postapid sim card.

When the apn type is set to ipv4 then only one device can access the internet.

When I connect only my laptop then the internet works fine, but If I connect both my phone and laptop with tp link wifi then both the devices starts facing issues.

If I disconnect one then other works fine.

My question is "How does my isp know the how many devices are connected"?

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 1

Related Articles