Connection Preference: Customize Your Preferred Signal Source

Connection Preference: Customize Your Preferred Signal Source

19 Reply
Re:Connection Preference: Customize Your Preferred Signal Source
2024-01-09 03:20:03

@Alexandre. Thank you very much for the notification and the link has been updated.laugh

@THSkipper I am also fighting with the engineers to ask for an update. Will keep you updated as soon as there is any further news.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2024-01-16 15:46:53

@David-TP 

Hello david, just wanna say i've upgraded to this firmware but connection preference is still not available in the mobile app.

my network consists of 2x X55 and 1x S4.

Options
2024-01-17 02:22:18

@centurence 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

If possible, could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Try to create another Mesh system with Deco S4 only.

(You could connect the Deco S4 via an Ethernet cable to the nearby Deco X55 to set up a new mesh system)

I wonder whether it is due to the 1.4.1 firmware of Deco X55 being much higher than Deco S4_V2.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Options
2024-01-17 14:22:21 - last edited 2024-01-17 14:38:17

@David-TP 

hello

sad to say that it didn't work

the page does not have a connection preference menu

Options
2024-02-16 13:53:13

@David-TP  HI ,I accidentally upgraded my Deco S4 to 1.6.1 .. I use to be on this beta firmware 1.5.1 with the ability to change signal source.. Now I cannot change it in 1.6.1. I need this feature badly!! my deco S4 are connecting to the worst possible sources.. Also I cannot downgrade 1.6.1 to 1.5.1 beta. how to downgrade please?

Options
2024-03-06 10:21:44

@David-TP

Dear David,

I plan to buy deco x60 . Can i customize preferred signal source between deco x60 and deco s7 or it work only for deco x60. 

Options
2024-03-07 01:44:55

@Leminhhdat 

Hi, As long as the satellite Deco supports Connection Preference, you can manually set its signal source.

If you set Deco X60 as the main Deco and Deco S7 being the satellite, Deco S7 still doesn't support setting the signal source.

However, if Deco S7 is the main Deco, and Deco X60 is the satellite Deco, you could set the signal source of Deco X60.

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-07 01:46:57

@Tupalink 

Hi, Thanks for the time and patience.

The firmware downgrade from 1.6.1 to 1.5.1 beta on Deco S4, it needs to implemented via firmware recovery:

How to use firmware recovery on Deco

Best regards.

Options
2024-03-13 23:21:22

@David-TP Hi - first-time poster as I'm new to the Decos. So far I am really impressed! This replaced my aging SmartThings WiFi Mesh that Samsung and Plume recently broke sad I should probably thank them because I am now enjoying the many benefits of being on a more current mesh system yes This is fixing a lot of various issues I had, and the speeds are incredible.

Regarding this connection preference setting, it's great that this is available for the main network to tell a specific device which specific Deco unit you want to connect to. The only problem is this doesn't appear to be available for the Guest Network. It's this network where I would really like to use this setting for a specific device to connect to the Main Deco unit (not to the satellite Decos). Will this be made possible? I am experiencing issues with this device on the Guest Network, and I have a feeling it's because of the mesh technology in play for the Guest Network.

I did see the help regarding VLAN ID, which goes over my head as I'm not strong with networking. I am using switches in my Ethernet backhaul (2 managed, 1 unmanaged), and that VLAN thingy might be what is causing issues with my device. I'm hoping I can avoid this VLAN thingy altogether if TP-LINK can just add an option for connection preference for devices on the Guest Network which would allow us to assign it to the Main Deco unit (thereby ignoring the switches, etc. for the satellite decos that could be causing issues).

Thoughts? Thanks! smiley

Options
Related Articles