New Release Deco Firmware Updates Adding Signal Selection and VPN for Multiple Models
Deco 1.6.0/1.7.0/1.1.0/1.2.0 Firmware Update Added to Select Models!
Over the last few weeks, A New Batch of the Latest Firmware for Deco has been released! This update brings many of the features most requested by the community to reality, including Static Routing, IoT Network, Signal Preference, VPN Server/Client, etc.
Please refer to the Firmware release note for a List of Features Added to Your Model!
1. Please make sure your Deco APP is up-to-date.
2. Please be aware that specific features may vary between hardware versions.
3. Some features are not supported under Access Point Mode.
4. If there are other Deco models in the Mesh network, some features would no longer show up, such as Signal Source and Connection Preference; while others only need the support on the main Deco, like VPN, Static Route, MTU, and smart DHCP.
5. As a reminder, the Technical support team does not have any information regarding what models the firmware is being developed for and when we could potentially see a particular release. Please refrain from asking "When Will 'X' Model Receive the Feature?"
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why can't I detect the above firmware on the Deco APP?
In the first stage of firmware release, the new firmware would be pushed to a part of users first, then gradually within the next few weeks, if everything goes on well, it will be pushed to all users. During this gap, it is normal if you can not detect the latest firmware. It is suggested to wait for a while or manually update the firmware via web UI per Update the Firmware of Deco.
2. If I have V1.6, which firmware should I use？
Common rules for firmware upgrade: Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8 (eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8 (eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28).
x.6 and x.8 are mainly used to distinguish the place of production.
3. How to downgrade the firmware if I run into any issues?
The newly released firmware feedback is always important and it would be highly appreciated if your could share here what happened to Deco after updating the firmware. We would reply to the post at the earliest time.
In case you have to downgrade the firmware immediately, the cross-platform firmware downgrade, like from 1.2.0 to 1.1.0 needs to be performed via firmware recovery. But if you just want to downgrade from 1.2.6 to 1.2.5 or 1.2.2, it could be done via web UI directly.