Archer T3U slower

Archer T3U slower
Archer T3U slower
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.

recently, about like a month ago, I bought a ARCHER T3U (In France). It worked very nicely, and I was around 200mbps. But yesterday when I came back home the internet was slower, really slower. It has already happened, basically when I had fast (usual) internet I had 3 bars, and when it was slower 2, like you can see in this screenshot.  

It usually would fix itself about a minute after, but I once fixed it by unplugging and plugging back (I did it only once). 

So as I was saying, yesterday when I came back home the internet had only 2 bars. I went on multiple Speedtest websites, and it showed around 1.3. Now, my pc has been reseted back to factory settings, everything deleted, and I changed the USB 3.0 port and it shows 23.91mbps in download. I used to have 10x more! 

In the settings, it says "117/117 (Mbps)", but if I had 117Mbps I wouldn't write this.

If you need aditional informations, here are some I can give you right now:

Windows 11

wifi canal 6 (was changed but no differences)

wi-fi 4 802.11n (Normally 6)

pilot version: 1030.38.712.2019 (microsoft pilot thing said it was up to date)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T3U slower
3 weeks ago

@Madpyro 

Hi, with the following details:

Windows 11

wifi canal 6 (was changed but no differences)

wi-fi 4 802.11n (Normally 6)

pilot version: 1030.38.712.2019 (microsoft pilot thing said it was up to date)

and 117 m/s link speed,

I think Archer T3U is connected to the 2.4GHz of your Host router.

Previously, you mentioned Archer T3U could reach 200m/s. I believe it was then on 5GHz WiFi.

Did you switch the router recently? If not, I think you could switch back to 5GHz and test the speed again.

It is also suggested to install the following driver to see whether it helps improve the speed:

Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 1

Related Articles