Any Way to use HomeCare on a v3 Deco X20?

3 weeks ago
Tags: #HomeShield #Homecare
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20240119 Rel. 37701

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the Deco X20 (3-pack) from my previous Deco M5 setup, which included Homecare. Before purchasing, I checked the official website and understood that the X20 would also feature Homecare. However, after setting up the new system, I was surprised to find out it came with Homeshield instead.

Homeshield, compared to Homecare, seems to have limited features. More disappointingly, it includes a subscription model where some features that were previously free with Homecare are now behind a paywall. This shift from free to paid features has been quite a letdown.

Given this situation, I'm exploring options to retain or regain the Homecare features without having to integrate another model like the Deco M5. Does anyone know if it's possible to get Homecare on the v3 Deco X20, or if there are any workarounds to access these features without additional subscriptions?

I appreciate any advice or experiences you could share!

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Any Way to use HomeCare on a v3 Deco X20?
3 weeks ago

@ifti12 

Hi, Deco X20 V3 and above use the HomeShield security kit. V1/v1.2/v2 still use Homecare.

If Deco X20 V3 is the main Deco, we can only use HomeShield unless we switch M5 back as the main Deco.

There is a free version of HomeShield but the features are limited.

TP-link HomeShield Service Update

May I know which feature you wish to access without additional subscriptions?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Any Way to use HomeCare on a v3 Deco X20?
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@ifti12 

Hi, Deco X20 V3 and above use the HomeShield security kit. V1/v1.2/v2 still use Homecare.

If Deco X20 V3 is the main Deco, we can only use HomeShield unless we switch M5 back as the main Deco.

There is a free version of HomeShield but the features are limited.

TP-link HomeShield Service Update

May I know which feature you wish to access without additional subscriptions?

Thank you very much and best regards.

At least Web Protection. The comprehensive report would have been nice too, but it's a simple thing that shouldn't be under a paywall. But yeah, needed Web Protection as in my Family my parents or younger siblings aren't aware of malware sites or spam popups that much. Deco m5 kept that in check for me. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 2

Tags

HomeShield
Homecare
Related Articles