TL-SG105E V3 impossible to configure with neither web interface nor utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-05 02:57:01
Model : TL-SG105E

Hardware Version : -

Firmware Version : V3

Windows 10

Hi,
I am having serious trouble with my new switch.
It is not possible to configure the switch neither with HTML access to 192.168.0.1 nor with the Smart Configuration Utility. Using it as a normal ’dumb’ switch works OK.

Configuring laptop ethernet to 192.168.0.25 / 255.255.255.0 and browsing to 192.168.0.1 yields an empty page in the browser. Examining the received HTML code reveals broken HTML code. The received HTML code starts with:
TD width=1>',s+=' ... and a lot more, and then ..[FONT=courier new]. [/FONT]
This means that a major part of the beginning of the HTML-code is missing.
Tested with Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

The Smart Configuration Utility finds the switch, but opening for IP configuration after a few seconds gives an error window saying: ’Timeout, no response from agent’. Closing that yields an empty form, no MAC address or anything else in the fields. Filling in the fields with relevant info and admin / admin and clicking ’Apply’ and clicking ’Yes’ in the confirmation window takes few seconds,and then returns again ’Timeout, no response from agent’.
Reopening the ’IP Setting’ form again gives again an empty form.

Resetting the switch gives same reaction. The switch was reset several times.

Any suggestions? Grateful for any help

Update:
Tried web interface from Linux - Got a little window requesting Username and Password. It would not accept admin / admin, or anything else I could think of.

Resolved: I just found a get-around: I set up a free VMWare virtual machine with Windows 7 and a bridged network to my ethernet adapter, with 192.168.0.12. And, there it works the way it should. So, for some reason, the switch is incompatible with Windoze 10, but works with Windoze 7.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E V3 impossible to configure with neither web interface nor utility
2017-09-11 13:47:22
I have got the same issue. It can't work with NAT mode, but can work with bridge mode in my Win8.1. So I think it's the point.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 1

Related Articles