Pharos CPE220 feature request G/N Mixed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-05 16:23:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am having an issue when connecting the CPE220 to Mikrotik AP where the Mikrotik is configured to use G/N Mixed mode (not B/G/N Mixed). The current workaround is to set the CPE220 to use G only mode to be able to connect to the Mikrotik.

I want to request probably not only for CPE220 but for all TP-Link Wireless product to introduce new G/N Mixed mode so that it has better speed because it will eliminate the TX side to jump to B mode. Instead it will be using G or N mode only. Additionaly it will still allow any client with B/G/N Mixed mode to connect to.

Please respond.

Thanks,
rusdi
Options
2 Reply
Re:Pharos CPE220 feature request G/N Mixed
2017-09-06 14:20:08

rusdianta wrote

Model :
I am having an issue when connecting the CPE220 to Mikrotik AP where the Mikrotik is configured to use G/N Mixed mode (not B/G/N Mixed). The current workaround is to set the CPE220 to use G only mode to be able to connect to the Mikrotik.

I want to request probably not only for CPE220 but for all TP-Link Wireless product to introduce new G/N Mixed mode so that it has better speed because it will eliminate the TX side to jump to B mode. Instead it will be using G or N mode only. Additionaly it will still allow any client with B/G/N Mixed mode to connect to.

rusdi

i have G/N mode on my CPE220, see the pic. Can you screenshoot yours? Also, please make sure your CPE220 has been updated to the latest firmware. Since CPE220 V1 was known to have a compatible issue with Mikrotik AP in Access Point mode. Now it has been fixed on its newest firmware. http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/CPE220_V1.html#Firmware

Options
Re:Pharos CPE220 feature request G/N Mixed
2017-11-05 17:28:27

rusdianta wrote

I want to request probably not only for CPE220 but for all TP-Link Wireless product to introduce new G/N Mixed mode so that it has better speed because it will eliminate the TX side to jump to B mode. Instead it will be using G or N mode only.

The best mode is negotiated according to the quality of the link and the device's capabilities. So if you set b/g/n, the devices capable to support those modes will connect using n if the link's quality allows for it and will fall back to g if n isn't possible. Likewise it will use b mode if g mode isn't possible for the actual link.

What's more, g mode (OFDM modulation scheme) will support not only b mode (DSSS with CCK modulation scheme) as a fallback, but also plain 802.11 mode (FHSS or DSSS modulation scheme), no matter whether b mode is explicitly set or not.

So even if the selection menu shows 'g/n only', it still will support 'b' mode as a fallback. This is defined in 802.11g.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 2

Related Articles