Cell phones not connecting TL WA5210g High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-09 00:14:27
Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 4.4.9 Build 140523 Rel.53738n

ISP :

I need help with this. I have the CPE in AP mode, generating a wifi in wich some cell phones can't connect. They are android based, Samsung Galaxy j7. There are similars wifi AP near, on different channels, to wich the phones connect allright. The laptops also connect OK to the CPE. The distance is OK (0.1, the terminals are near), I tried changing the security from WPA2 to WEP, and no results.
Some Wifi stats:

Region: Argentina
SSID: San Bernabe
Channel: 11
Power: Enabled High Power Mode
Mode: 54mbps 802.11g
Enable WMM: NOT ENABLED
Enable AP Isolation: NOT ENABLED
Disable short preamble ENABLED
RTS Threshold: 2346
Fragmentation Threshold: 2346
Beacon Interval: 100
Antenna Settings: Vertical
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cell phones not connecting TL WA5210g High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE
2017-09-12 10:08:02

jjvic wrote

I need help with this. I have the CPE in AP mode, generating a wifi in wich some cell phones can't connect. They are android based, Samsung Galaxy j7. There are similars wifi AP near, on different channels, to wich the phones connect allright. The laptops also connect OK to the CPE. The distance is OK (0.1, the terminals are near), I tried changing the security from WPA2 to WEP, and no results.

1. It seems that you have more than one CPE. How many TL-WA5210Gs do you have in your network and how are they configured? The more details about your network including all the devices and the configuration are the better.

2. As you described, only
Samsung Galaxy j7 can't connect to the CPE? Do they suddenly not connect or can't always connect? Is there any error message when they cannot connect?

3. You mentioned
Samsung Galaxy j7 can connect to the other similar AP on different channels. You can try those working channels on TL-WA5210G.

4. Please try to disable security and see if your cellphones can get connected.
Options
Re:Cell phones not connecting TL WA5210g High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE
2017-09-12 19:45:53

Carat1 wrote

1. It seems that you have more than one CPE. How many TL-WA5210Gs do you have in your network and how are they configured? The more details about your network including all the devices and the configuration are the better.

2. As you described, only
Samsung Galaxy j7 can't connect to the CPE? Do they suddenly not connect or can't always connect? Is there any error message when they cannot connect?

3. You mentioned
Samsung Galaxy j7 can connect to the other similar AP on different channels. You can try those working channels on TL-WA5210G.

4. Please try to disable security and see if your cellphones can get connected.

Thanks for your concern. I managed to solve the issue setting the distance from Manual to "indoor". If its useful, I'll reply the questions you asked. I have only one CPE in the net, in AP only (not client mode). It's lan port is conected to a switch, and that to the main router. The cell phones were several, but only the Samsung Galaxy couldn't never connect. The other sometimes yes, sometimes no. I was able to see the SSID.
Well, thanks again!
Options