CPE510 can't connect until press the reset button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-16 00:36:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Please need help,

every time i unplug the lan cable or turn off the power POE, CPE510 can not connect (no valid IP). it can re-connect when I press the reset button and configure from first time.

Someone have same probs here ? please need help
Options
8 Reply
Re:CPE510 can't connect until press the reset button
2017-09-16 18:58:23
Not sure what you mean. Of course, if you disconnect the CPE510 from your LAN or turn off the power you can't connect to the CPE anymore. If you indeed mean that after powering on the CPE again or connecting it to the LAN again you can't connect, then either you did forgot to save the settings permanently or you use DHCP and the CPE probably got a different IP from your DHCP server.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-09-17 00:13:58

R1D2 wrote

Not sure what you mean. Of course, if you disconnect the CPE510 from your LAN or turn off the power you can't connect to the CPE anymore. If you indeed mean that after powering on the CPE again or connecting it to the LAN again you can't connect, then either you did forgot to save the settings permanently or you use DHCP and the CPE probably got a different IP from your DHCP server.

Hi thanks for replied, Sorry for my broken english. I can reach the IP and setup GUI, but when i unplug the cable or restarting the power, All the settings are gone, need to press the restart button first, than i can reach the default configuration. Hope you understand what i mean
Options
2017-09-18 03:33:44

aftercries wrote

I can reach the IP and setup GUI, but when i unplug the cable or restarting the power, All the settings are gone, need to press the restart button first, than i can reach the default configuration. Hope you understand what i mean

Yes, I can understand, but I cannot reproduce this behavior.

Make sure you " Save Changes" after " Applying" any settings. Set a static IP for the CPE, then " Apply", then " Save Changes".

Next, reboot. If the CPE loses its settings even after changes have been saved, your device may be faulty.

Options
2017-09-18 14:46:54

aftercries wrote

every time i unplug the lan cable or turn off the power POE, CPE510 can not connect (no valid IP). it can re-connect when I press the reset button and configure from first time

Now I Wonder Why you need to unplug the LAN cable or turn off the power. To reboot it manually?
Options
2017-09-19 02:28:48

Carat1 wrote

Now I Wonder Why you need to unplug the LAN cable or turn off the power. To reboot it manually?
because it is installed in our store, when the store closes, we turn off all the electricity. The problem we faced when we turned the power on again, all configuration reset and we can not connect to CPE to configure ( no valid IP). And we need to reconfigure again with press the reset button. Dunno why this happen
Options
2017-09-19 02:34:27

R1D2 wrote

Yes, I can understand, but I cannot reproduce this behavior.

Make sure you " Save Changes" after " Applying" any settings. Set a static IP for the CPE, then " Apply", then " Save Changes".

Next, reboot. If the CPE loses its settings even after changes have been saved, your device may be faulty.

I'm sure i already save all the configuration. If the device fault, why it can connect when i press the reset button and reconfigure ? Theres no hard reset on CPE / cmos rest ? or something else :(
Options
2017-09-19 05:50:38

aftercries wrote

If the device fault, why it can connect when i press the reset button and reconfigure ? Theres no hard reset on CPE / cmos rest ? or something else :(

If the flash memory is faulty, it will not save the config and you will have the same settings as on factory reset after a reboot - without needing to reset it.

Post a screenshot of the network settings you are using after initial configuration. You still didn't answer wether you use static IP or DHCP for the CPE's IP.
Options
2017-09-19 11:45:51

aftercries wrote

The problem we faced when we turned the power on again, all configuration reset and we can not connect to CPE to configure ( no valid IP).

I understand it better now.
But would you mind telling us the settings configured on the CPE510? Is it a P2P link or P2MP link?Your network layout really matters. Also the quantity of CPE. Does the issue happen on only one CPE510 or all CPEs? A static IP for CPE and what is it? You mentioned you have a store. I just think about that your main house also installs a CPE510.

All configuration reset is really abnormal as long as it reboots. How did you judge it? Did the link between two CPE510 disconnect? Or you can not go to Internet with CPE510?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1335

Replies: 8