CPE510 Web Interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 Web Interface

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 Web Interface
CPE510 Web Interface
2017-10-03 07:54:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

Tonight I started the setup of my CPE510. I put it into repeater mode, and, being lazy, turned on DHCP (I had/have no intention of leaving it that way). I connected it to my AP, disconnected it from my network and took it outside.

I can no longer access the web interface. I can ping it (confirmed through the router dhcp - shows up as CPE510), and, from all appearances it's working. I get a strong signal at the back of the yard, I see two '5G' APs when I use a wifi scanner, but I can't access the web interface, it just times out.

I'm guessing something's up, but I thought I'd ask.

I'd also like to say again that I had no intention of leaving it on dhcp, just a quick way to get it on the network, I figured I'd set a static address later...

Thanks,

Brian
Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE510 Web Interface
2017-10-03 18:39:26
Restore factory settings on the CPE510, use a wired connection between your PC and the CPE and set a static IP before changing any other configuration parameters. DHCP isn't suitable for stationary devices, which are not being moved around between different networks.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-10-03 22:43:58
Agreed, never intended it to stay on DHCP.

So the interface is not available over wifi, correct?

I should be able to connect to the other LAN port and access the web interface, no?

Thanks,

Brian
Options
2017-10-05 05:31:41

brianl wrote

So the interface is not available over wifi, correct?

Sure, the web UI can be reached through WiFi in general, but in repeater mode your client device can be connected to either CPE on short distances (they use the same SSID and the same channel). If you don't check the Client Isolation function, then the remote web UI should be reachable through WiFi even on the root CPE, but the wireless link must be up. So it is best to initially use the LAN port for configuration of basic settings until you are sure that both CPEs are connected (and the LAN port should be used also if upgrading firmware). After the link has been established, you should be able to reach the web UI of both CPEs through WiFi.

I should be able to connect to the other LAN port and access the web interface, no?

Yes, of course. I tested it in a AP/repeater setup through LAN port 1 (the second on the CPE) and through wireless connection to the remote, both worked for me using static IPs.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-10-05 22:42:58
OK thanks.

It was raining last night so I didn't get a chance to try and connect to the CPE510.

It is most definitely working though. I was in a shed in the back corner of my yard with my tablet. I had a strong wireless connection (75%), but when I had my wife unplug the CPE510, I lost my connection.

A port scan only shows port 22 as open from my desktop. I am able to SSH into the device, I get a login prompt, but can't login.

I'll play around with it over the weekend.

Thanks,

Brian
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 4

Related Articles