VLAN issue on TL-SG108E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN issue on TL-SG108E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN issue on TL-SG108E
VLAN issue on TL-SG108E
2017-10-03 10:00:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm setting up a simple Guest VLAN on a wireless access point. Switch port 1 is connected to my router, port 2 to the AP.

I read the TP-LINK tutorials here and here. The secured VLAN works, but only if I tag both ports 1 and 2.

The tutorials say I should leave the router port (1) untagged. But this does not work. Clients cannot connect unless I tag both ports. I left the PVID defaulted to 1 for all ports.

Assuming the tutorials are correct, I'm either missing something or my AP or router is not configured properly. Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN issue on TL-SG108E
2017-10-08 14:20:50

nunzabar wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm setting up a simple Guest VLAN on a wireless access point. Switch port 1 is connected to my router, port 2 to the AP.

I read the TP-LINK tutorials here and here. The secured VLAN works, but only if I tag both ports 1 and 2.

The tutorials say I should leave the router port (1) untagged. But this does not work. Clients cannot connect unless I tag both ports. I left the PVID defaulted to 1 for all ports.

Assuming the tutorials are correct, I'm either missing something or my AP or router is not configured properly. Any ideas?

Due to your router don't support 802.1Q vlan, so the port1 should be configuared as untagged port. the pvid of port1 is 111, not 1.
But if your router supports 802.1Q, the port 1 should be configured as tagged port.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 1

Related Articles