TL-SG1024D and TLSG1024DE randomly lose configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-12 00:26:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a few of these switches in operation and occasionally during power outages they will revert to factory defaults and lose all configuration. The most difficult issue with them is the default IP address. The switches use 192.168.1.1 as an address and if that is what the customer has on the router typically the switch will assume this address and the entire network goes down. If the customer uses VLANs then it is a huge mess because Tagged traffic isn't working and untagged ports start crossing networks.

This is not an issue with hitting save because we can power down the switches without issue and it appears very random and it has happened at more than one customer.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-SG1024D and TLSG1024DE randomly lose configuration
2017-10-13 10:17:17
:eek: TL-SG1024D is the unmanaged switch, in my opinion, the model number is TL-SG1024DE. I am using easy smart switch also(TL-SG108E and TL-SG105E). But I have not met the same issue.
I think you need suggest customer to change username and password.;
Options
2017-10-14 01:33:44
These are the managed version and those have been changes. I'll get a call every now and then that the network is down. Typically after some kind of power outage and the device no longer has the configuration. This has happened to multiple clients. I have deployed these switches in multiple locations.

The default IP is just an annoying issue though. For example if the customer has DHCP running on a server it takes longer for that to boot and after the box loses the configured static IP the box assumes 192.168.1.1 and conflicts with the network.

I have ceased purchasing these in units.
Options
2018-04-04 10:10:44

thomasmcneill wrote

These are the managed version and those have been changes. I'll get a call every now and then that the network is down. Typically after some kind of power outage and the device no longer has the configuration. This has happened to multiple clients. I have deployed these switches in multiple locations.

The default IP is just an annoying issue though. For example if the customer has DHCP running on a server it takes longer for that to boot and after the box loses the configured static IP the box assumes 192.168.1.1 and conflicts with the network.

I have ceased purchasing these in units.

Hi there, do you mean the issue will happen after a power outages? The power outage is a trigger?
Options
2018-04-05 00:22:22
The unit is on a battery backup but we do often have outages. I don't see to have the issue any longer after the latest firmware. I can't remember which version now.

Panda wrote

Hi there, do you mean the issue will happen after a power outages? The power outage is a trigger?
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1930

Replies: 4