Setting up port based VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-23 04:37:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone.
I´ve got a TL-SG1016DE and was wondering how to setup port-based VLAN. My setup is as follows:
A Asus RT-AC68U router with a single cable attached to port1 on the TL-SG1016DE. I´m looking for a setup with port 2-8 as VLAN 2, port 9-15 as VLAN 3 and port 16 as VLAN 4. But as fare as I can see, each VLAN group has to have a cable to the router - is this correct or am I missing something?

Regards
Moelgaard
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up port based VLAN
2017-10-27 11:52:00

moelgaard wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone.
I´ve got a TL-SG1016DE and was wondering how to setup port-based VLAN. My setup is as follows:
A Asus RT-AC68U router with a single cable attached to port1 on the TL-SG1016DE. I´m looking for a setup with port 2-8 as VLAN 2, port 9-15 as VLAN 3 and port 16 as VLAN 4. But as fare as I can see, each VLAN group has to have a cable to the router - is this correct or am I missing something?

Regards
Moelgaard

In my opinion, if you hope computers in vlan 2,vlan3,vlan4 are able to access intertent via ASUS Router, the port based vlan is not good choice. You can configure 802.1Q vlan. There are some FAQ in tp-link website, may be useful for you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3038

Replies: 1

Related Articles