VLAN 3 devices will not DHCP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-23 15:37:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[COLOR=#000000]Region : Argentina

Model : SG2424

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a SG2424P connected to a Cisco RVS4000 router. I have my VLANs defined in the router and the port that connects to the switch set as a TRUNK. I have VLAN 3 set as my voice VLAN. I connected a phone and it is properly recognized and placed in VLAN3. However, it will not get an IP. All other devices are assigned to VLAN 1 and get IPs from the router. Why aren't devices in VLAN3 getting IPs? Seems they can't reach the DHCP server.

Options
1 Reply
Re:VLAN 3 devices will not DHCP
2017-10-24 18:34:04

betthethao wrote

[COLOR=#333333]
I have a SG2424P connected to a Cisco RVS4000 router. I have my VLANs defined in the router and the port that connects to the switch set as a TRUNK. I have VLAN 3 set as my voice VLAN. I connected a phone and it is properly recognized and placed in VLAN3. However, it will not get an IP. All other devices are assigned to VLAN 1 and get IPs from the router. Why aren't devices in VLAN3 getting IPs? Seems they can't reach the DHCP server.

Due to RVS4000 do not support general mode(cisco device only supports access and trunk mode). so maybe you need configure like this:
RVS4000(port1)-----(port3)TL-SG2424(port1)----ip phone
Port1 in RVS4000, trunk mode, belongs to vlan1 and vlan3
Port 3 in TL-SG2424,trunk mode, belongs to vlan1 and vlan3
Port1 in TL-SG2424,general mode, belongs to vlan1 and vlan3, vlan1 is untag, vlan3 is tagged, pvid=1
PS: I think the voice message be sent from IP Phone is tagged, is it right?
Options