CPE210 problems..help please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-31 02:26:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can't get these working, I can ping them both from the laptop on both sides when connected to it through the lan but I can't ping either from the opposite side. I have one connected into a Virgin hub which sees it. It's set on access point mode The other is 100m away and set on access point wisp modeRouter ip 192.168.0.1 access point ip 192.168.0.2Access point wisp ip 192.168.0.3 Access point wisp connects to A.P. On the survey nps. I use them to connect up camera systems remotely and this has happened before and have solved it by buying two new ones, but strange though
Options
19 Reply
Re:CPE210 problems..help please
2017-10-31 11:18:03
Hi,

Generally, for remote cameras systems, P2P link is suggested. One CPE210 (on Virgin hub side ) should be configured as AP and the other CPE210 (on camera side) should be configured as Client.

Also, i would use CPE510 as 5G is less affected by other radio waves,.
Options
2017-10-31 20:54:49

Designss wrote

but I can't ping either from the opposite side.

Not clear to me what you mean with "both sides" and "opposite sites". If you indeed mean physical locations, make sure that the remote station is inside the 65° beam width of the CPE210 and is exactly aligned to the CPE. It's antennas are directional antennas, not omni antennas. The fact that your Virgin hub on the rear of the covered area can "see" the CPE located just some meters apart does not mean that it can successfully exchange data.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-10-31 22:03:32

Carat1 wrote

Hi,Generally, for remote cameras systems, P2P link is suggested. One CPE210 (on Virgin hub side ) should be configured as AP and the other CPE210 (on camera side) should be configured as Client.Also, i would use CPE510 as 5G is less affected by other radio waves,.
Hi and thanks for your reply. I have the dvr on P2P Thanks for the advice, will use the 510 ones next time
Options
2017-10-31 22:10:09

R1D2 wrote

Not clear to me what you mean with "both sides" and "opposite sites". If you indeed mean physical locations, make sure that the remote station is inside the 65° beam width of the CPE210 and is exactly aligned to the CPE. It's antennas are directional antennas, not omni antennas. The fact that your Virgin hub on the rear of the covered area can "see" the CPE located just some meters apart does not mean that it can successfully exchange data.
Hi and thanks for your reply I mean if I connect the laptop to one of the CPE 's and try to ping the other CPE it's doesn't see it, the signal light is at 2bars and when I do the menu survey from the Cpe at the DVR end it sees the other CPE at the router end and connects.. just won't send the Internet, The router is both 2.4 and 5gkz Fried
Options
2017-11-02 04:07:18

Designss wrote

he signal light is at 2bars

Two bars on the LED display of CPE210 mean signal strength is below or equal to -80dBm, which is pretty bad. Such weak signals will give a signal-to-noise ratio of about 10 to 15dBm only or even worser depending on noise and interference at your site, which means that your local CPE can see the SSID beacon of the remote CPE, but the link is to weak for exchanging any data over it.

That's why 5 GHz CPE510 will perform better - much fewer interference of stations around, better signal, therefore better SNR and more reliable WiFi link quality for a stable data transmission.
Options
2017-11-07 01:15:14

R1D2 wrote

Two bars on the LED display of CPE210 mean signal strength is below or equal to -80dBm, which is pretty bad. Such weak signals will give a signal-to-noise ratio of about 10 to 15dBm only or even worser depending on noise and interference at your site, which means that your local CPE can see the SSID beacon of the remote CPE, but the link is to weak for exchanging any data over it.That's why 5 GHz CPE510 will perform better - much fewer interference of stations around, better signal, therefore better SNR and more reliable WiFi link quality for a stable data transmission.
Hi I moved the CPE into a more direct line of sight and I'm definitely getting a better reception but I've found out the problem the CPE at the remote site keeps reseting itself and I've tried a couple and they both are reseting. . What a nightmare. Is there a backup battery inside these things do you think I'll maybe have to go opening one up
Options
2017-11-07 06:02:57

Designss wrote

but I've found out the problem the CPE at the remote site keeps reseting itself and I've tried a couple and they both are reseting. . What a nightmare.

Do you indeed mean resetting or do they reboot? If they reboot, your cable might be faulty - too long for example (> 60m) or to much voltage drop (bad quality). Only explanation I have is that the CPE210 loses power due to voltage drops. I never had any CPE210 rebooting itself, not to speak of resetting (= loading factory defaults) itself. Rather my Pharos setups are rock-solid over many months, in one case even not a single downtime over >520 days!
Options
2017-11-08 04:07:27

R1D2 wrote

Do you indeed mean resetting or do they reboot? If they reboot, your cable might be faulty - too long for example (> 60m) or to much voltage drop (bad quality). Only explanation I have is that the CPE210 loses power due to voltage drops. I never had any CPE210 rebooting itself, not to speak of resetting (= loading factory defaults) itself. Rather my Pharos setups are rock-solid over many months, in one case even not a single downtime over >520 days!
Good to know m8 cause I've three in a couple to 5years and never a bother either, was beginning to wonder had I got lucky with those 3, Went to the site again yesterday and found that it had reset to factory set again, also noticed the Dvr Ethernet switch to be lit up whilst nothing plugged into it, so anyway I reprogrammed the Cpe and got Internet going on the laptop but as soon as I plugged cable in for the Dvr network it reset again.. Do its probably is a dodgy patch cable so I've ordered up a new Dvr and ten pre-made patch cables and thinking back my good rj45 tool was missing a day and I used the shity spare one which is not the job.I'll be back up on Thursday again.. Thanks for your help much appreciated
Options
2017-11-08 04:52:32
Ahh, I see. The power injectors have some way of an "out-of-band signalling" to communicate a pressed reset button to the CPE. Maybe your dvr network did trigger this signalling. This would explain why the CPE indeed did reset itself to factory settings. Please let us know if you could fix it on Thursday by replacing the faulty dvr/patch cable.
Options
Nightmare part 8
2017-11-10 18:32:19
No luck seems it was nothing to do with any faulty leads think it was the way I wired the poe switch into the cpe, the poe switch is used for sending the Internet to a laptop near by, so I had a patch cable coming out of the cpe switch lan and going straight into one of the four poe inputs along with dvr and laptop instead of going into the Poe up link which is the way I have it now and there is Internet at the laptop but... Not before blowing the poe in this dvr too, I actually didn't think it was possible to cause damage, The dvr poe lights are on when nothings in and off when something is.. Was actually seeing the cameras on the app before I went on and tried to wire the 4 port poe switch in then back to square one again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2343

Replies: 19

Related Articles