TL-link equivalent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-link equivalent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-link equivalent
TL-link equivalent
2017-11-27 04:44:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been told to get one of these : Ubiquiti TOUGHSwitch 5-Port PoE, but I want to keep everything TL-link so issues don't arise later.

Is the TL-SG108E the same unit (apart from the 8 ports) for example does it have POE ? If not which TL-Link unit is the equivalent ?

Many thanks

Paul
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-link equivalent
2017-12-03 18:56:42

pcrouch666 wrote

Is the TL-SG108E the same unit (apart from the 8 ports) for example does it have POE ? If not which TL-Link unit is the equivalent ?

The TL-SG108PE supports four PoE ports, but not the TL-SG108E.

I don't know the UBNT TOUGHSwitch, but one thing to note in comparison to other switches is that the TL-SG108E/PE do have a fixed default VLAN 1, which all ports are always members of. So, ports can not be removed from the default VLAN 1. Furthermore, it is not possible to configure VLAN-tagging for the default VLAN 1 on ports, even not on a trunk port.

Most VLAN-capable switches from other vendors I know of don't behave this way and therefore offer you a VLAN 1 which behaves like any other VLAN.

If you can live with a default VLAN always spanning all ports, the TL-SG108E/PE are good switches!
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 1

Related Articles