Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet
Internet
2017-11-28 13:49:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I am installing a point to multipoint wireless solution on a small campus. I have been given 5 CPE510.One of the AP is directly connected to the router issued by the ISP. Need help sharing this internet with the rest of the APs around tge campus.How do I configure APs so that everybody else can use internet that is directly connected to one of tge APs.Thanks in advance,Sul8
Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet
2017-11-28 15:52:59
As I know, CPE510 uses built-in directional antenna. The most of effective coverage of the antenna is in the front of CPE510.
So it is not recommended that using CPE510 as a Hub AP in the point to multi point scenario.
WBS510 with dish antenna or sector antenna may be more suitable.

But if the distance between hub point and distribute point is short, and all distribute point are in the front of hub point, maybe it can work normally.
And you can set other CPE510 as AP Client Router mode, so these CPE510 can connect to the hub CPE510, and provide wifi for wireless devices.
But there is still the same problem, only the wireless devices in the front of these CPE510 can get a good signal.

Actually, in a typical P2MP scenario, it is better to have a WBS510 as hub AP, several CPE510 as Clients.
Then use some outdoor AP products like EAP110-outdoor or CAP300-outdoor to connect with CPE510 via cable, and to provide WIFI for wireless devices.
Options
2017-12-08 05:53:22
Thanks Tammy007 for the insights. I am purely a Cicso Routing and Switching person. I managed to spread the internet across to the rest of the access points successfully. The rest of the access points will be hooked up to PCs via switches. Eight PCs at all APs for students to access the campus.
your suggestion that:

""Actually, in a typical P2MP scenario, it is better to have a WBS510 as hub AP, several CPE510 as Clients.
Then use some outdoor AP products like EAP110-outdoor or CAP300-outdoor to connect with CPE510 via cable, and to provide WIFI for wireless devices. ""

gave me an idea for my next project that I wish to run by you.
I will attach a google maps image to best illustrate the scenario by 2moro.

Thanks and Blessed Christmas and New Year
Options
2017-12-08 11:01:11
Thanks Tammy007 for the insights.  I am purely a Cicso Routing and Switching person.  I managed to spread the internet across to the rest of the access points successfully.  The rest of the access points will be hooked up to PCs via switches. Eight PCs at all APs for students to access the campus.
your suggestion that:

""Actually, in a typical P2MP scenario, it is better to have a WBS510 as hub AP, several CPE510 as Clients.

Then use some outdoor AP products like EAP110-outdoor or CAP300-outdoor
to connect with CPE510 via cable, and to provide WIFI for wireless
devices.
""

gave me an idea for my next project that I wish to run by you.
I will attach a google maps image to best illustrate the scenario by 2moro.

Thanks and Blessed Christmas and New Year
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 3

Related Articles