Redirecting signal around obstacle.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-30 13:58:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all.

I have come across a problem which I need some help in setting up my CPE210's. We have used many of these wireless units to provide links between PLC's and a Variable speed drive in very remote locations. The distance is usually within a couple of Km's of each other, with a clear line of site, and have never been a problem.

Just recently I was sent out to install another unit, but once out on site it was clear that the usual method was not going to work as there was a huge tree covered hill sitting directly in between the PLC base station, and the Variable speed drive (no mast would be high enough). My initial thought was to simply purchase another unit and set it up as a repeater on the crest of the hill. The only problem is that the single repeater station would not work as the receiving and transmitting signal are outside of the 60 deg beam angle of one unit.

So I now have two extra units which I was going to configure as below:

B==C
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ Hill \
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
A D

PLC base Station VSD Drive

/ \ wireless signal
== LAN patch lead

Which I would simply connect "B" and "C" together with a LAN cable from their respective power supply "LAN" ports.
"A" would be AP mode, 192.168.0.100, SSID TEST
"B" would be Client mode, 192.168.0.101, SSID TEST
"C" would be AP mode, 192.168.0.102, SSID TEST
"D" would be Client mode, 192.168.0.103, SSID TEST

I have set this up on the bench and it does not seem to work, i.e. I cannot ping "D" from "A". Do I need a switch between "B" and "C"??

Am I doing something wrong here?????

I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction on this.

Any help much appreciated......... Steve
Options
2 Reply
Re:Redirecting signal around obstacle.
2017-12-04 16:44:50
Hi Steve

There is a serious problem in your topology.

Both A and C are in AP mode and had the same SSID.
But C is closer to B so B had a higher possibility to connect to C. Then there would be a network loop between B and C.
You can try to change the SSID name of A or C.

Actually, it is better to use WBS210 with Sector Antenna TL-ANT2415MS as the single repeter point.
It can provide an antenna angle of 120 degrees.
Options
Re:Redirecting signal around obstacle.
2017-12-04 21:28:38
If you lock the clients to the APs, more than one AP can use the same SSID . No network loops will be created.

Clients use the BSSID (MAC address) anyway to connect to a WiFi network, not only the ESSID (the WiFi's name), so locking a client to an AP doesn't harm.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 412

Replies: 2

Related Articles