Boosting Signal Strength to Parabolic 2.4GHz, 24 dB Directional Grid Parabolic Antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Boosting Signal Strength to Parabolic 2.4GHz, 24 dB Directional Grid Parabolic Antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-07 02:15:33
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I currently have: (1) a "Master Wireless Router" (Netgear) located in my "Master Office Building" and (2) a TP-Link Parabolic 2.4 G.Hz 24dBi Directional Grid Parabolic Antenna mounted on the outside of a "Greenhouse" located 125 yrds (with a clear line of sight directly) behind my " Master Office Building ". The signal received by the Parabolic Antenna is fed to a "G/N adapter" then to a "Repeater & Range Extender," where it is then broadcast throughout the Greenhouse. Per the computer and an app on my phone, the Greenhouse signal is strong, but I have intermittent signal losses up to a few minutes. The Master Office Building , where the Master Router is located, is comprised of metal exterior. My thought is the signal strength from the Master Office Building needs to be boosted to eliminate the unstable signal broadcast in the Greenhouse. My question is "What is the best solution to provide a stable signal?" For example, should I add a CPE210 to the Master Router in the exterior of the Master Office Building , should I use two CPE 210s and eliminate the parabolic antenna, or is there an even better alternative. Also: (1) what is the difference between the CPE210 and the WBS210 and (2) what other accessories are needed (e.g., for connecting the Master Wireless Router and the booster, internal and external to the Master Office Building, respectively)?

Thank you,
Options
5 Reply
Re:Boosting Signal Strength to Parabolic 2.4GHz, 24 dB Directional Grid Parabolic Antenna
2017-12-07 20:52:25
You should try to mount the antennas at the master office and the green house apart from metal exterior (for example by mounting them on the roof) to avoid too much interferences.

For a distance of 115m the TL-ANT2424B is overkill (it is usually used for kilometer ranges). A CPE210 or even better its 5 GHz version CPE510 would be much easier to align to the remote CPE than precise alignment of a paraboloic antenna with just a few degree of antenna beam width, especially on such a short distance.

CPE and WBS are different in respect to the antennas: a CPE has built-in directional antennas with 65° (CPE210) resp. 45° (CPE510) antenna beam width, while the WBS series can be used for different antenna types such as sector antennas, parabolic antennas and omnidirectional antennas.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:Boosting Signal Strength to Parabolic 2.4GHz, 24 dB Directional Grid Parabolic Antenna
2017-12-08 11:14:31
Thank you R1D2 your feedback/guidance. Please tell me if I get correctly what you are saying: I am able to use the current TP-Link 2.4 GHz parabolic antenna mounted on my greenhouse as the remote antenna and, if I keep this configuration, my best option is to install the WBS210 as the Master antenna on the exterior of the metal shrouded Front Office Building, which houses the source/Master wireless router. Furthermore, the WBS210 should be hardwired to the ethernet port of the Master router. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Options
2017-12-08 21:19:31

jwtrexler wrote

Please tell me if I get correctly what you are saying: I am able to use the current TP-Link 2.4 GHz parabolic antenna mounted on my greenhouse as the remote antenna and, if I keep this configuration, my best option is to install the WBS210 as the Master antenna on the exterior of the metal shrouded Front Office Building, which houses the source/Master wireless router.

Although you could do this, I would not recommend the TL-ANT2424B on such a small distance. It's best to use two WBS or CPE over such a distance, since their antenna RF patterns perfectly match with each other. If you insist to use the TL-ANT2424B with a WBS210 on the remote side, make sure to adapt TX power of the device feeding the parabolic antenna to avoid overdriving the WBS210's radio.

Yes, the WBS/CPE or whatever needs to be hard-wired to the Ethernet port of the master router.
Options
2017-12-09 08:49:40
Thank you again. I will go with a pair of CPE210, or maybe a pair of the CPE510s since the master router is a dual band and I'll be eliminating the 2.4 GHz parabolic antenna.
Options
2017-12-09 10:14:34
You're welcome. Definitely two CPE510 are much better solution. The 2.4 GHz band may be overcrowded so much that often full bandwidth can't be reached.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 799

Replies: 5