CPE510 Bridge mode not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-14 03:16:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I have searched your forum for a solution to my problem but could not find one. If I have missed it please let me know. Also I am sorry if I do not use the correct terminology

ok here is my situation.
I have 3 CPE510 v1.1 Firmware Version:: 2.1.6 Build 20170908 Rel. 45233 (5553). One(the server) is setup as an Access point at site 1. Then other I have setup in bridge mode(the Bridge) at site 2. The last one is setup as a client(the Client) at site 3. The bridge is needed to allow site 3 to access to site 1 around a blind corner. Site 2 also needs access to site 1. I hope I have described my situation clearly.

My problem is with the bridge. I can either access site 3 form site 2 when I have the Wireless Radio Enabled under the Wireless Client Settings on the wireless tab, but I when . I do this I loose access to site 1. If I disable the wireless radio under the Wireless Client Settings on the wireless tab I can access site 1, but no longer access site 3. Am I confused that my situation is the definition of bridge mode? is there a setting I am missing. Please help.
Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE510 Bridge mode not working
2017-12-19 16:16:12
Site 1 could work in AP mode, site 2 work in bridge mode, site 3 work in client mode. Then disable the AP isolation in three of the CPE, make sure the IP address of the CPE has the IP address in same subnet.
Options
2017-12-20 03:04:13

HippleFarms wrote

My problem is with the bridge. I can either access site 3 form site 2 when I have the Wireless Radio Enabled under the Wireless Client Settings on the wireless tab, but I when . I do this I loose access to site 1. If I disable the wireless radio under the Wireless Client Settings on the wireless tab I can access site 1, but no longer access site 3. Am I confused that my situation is the definition of bridge mode? is there a setting I am missing. Please help.

Not sure why you disable the radio. Also, bridge or repeater mode have big dis-advantages such as cutting bandwidth in half and possible introduction of the Hidden Node Problem. What's more, both end-points (site 1 and 3) must be within the angle of the CPE510's antenna beamwidth at site 2, which is only 45°.

It is much better to use two interconnected CPEs at site 2 as a relay station for sites 1 and 3.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-12-26 11:00:25
Describe your situation in greater details please. I am still not clear about your network layout so i can't say whether your solution is appropriate or not. Drawing a pic or posting a screenshot of the map is better.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1421

Replies: 3

Related Articles