Can't access Web GUI at default address for new 24-port poe switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-25 01:27:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Switch: TL-SG2424P

I just connected this switch to my router and have had no issues with getting a connection to each of our clients. HOWEVER, I am unable to access the switch with the Web GUI at all. I use the default ip address 192.168.0.1 and get nothing but a time out. I'm at a dead end as far as what to do next. Is it possible my ASUS router has assigned a different ip address? I'm an amateur network guy here so am hoping someone can direct me through some steps to troubleshoot (or configure?) the issue.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't access Web GUI at default address for new 24-port poe switch
2017-12-25 11:16:30

GISBoy wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Switch: TL-SG2424P

I just connected this switch to my router and have had no issues with getting a connection to each of our clients. HOWEVER, I am unable to access the switch with the Web GUI at all. I use the default ip address 198.168.0.1 and get nothing but a time out. I'm at a dead end as far as what to do next. Is it possible my ASUS router has assigned a different ip address? I'm an amateur network guy here so am hoping someone can direct me through some steps to troubleshoot (or configure?) the issue.

What is ip address of router? Is it same as switch?
You can disconnect switch with router firstly, then configure static ip address for your PC(192.168.0.X 255.255.255.0), then try to access the web interface of switch.
If you can not access it, please use ping command to test also.
If you can not ping the switch, you should reset switch to the default factory setting, you can find reset button on the front pannel of switch.
Options
Re:Can't access Web GUI at default address for new 24-port poe switch
2020-10-14 02:19:15
Where you able to access the GUI? I am also having the same issue (also using an ASUS router)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1656

Replies: 2

Related Articles