need port mirror manuals

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

need port mirror manuals

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
need port mirror manuals
need port mirror manuals
2018-01-23 01:42:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We are developing some embedded Linux systems that chat over Ethernet. Specifically they use CoAP. We need to run Wireshark and watch all the traffic between, for example, ports 1 and 2. The computer with Wireshark will be on port 3. A switch with 5 to 8 ports will suffice for this work. So will a hub but it seems that hubs are no longer made. I have searched the tp-link site but not recognized the manuals that describe how to implement that configuration. So far, I have seen that this called a port mirror. I have never done this level of work with a switch.

1 Which tp-link switches are good choices for this. So far TL-SG1005 looks like a good selection.
2 Where do I find the manual that presents the steps to do this? I need to see that before making a purchase.

Thank you for your time.
Options
1 Reply
Re:need port mirror manuals
2018-01-26 16:23:57

mbkelly wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We are developing some embedded Linux systems that chat over Ethernet. Specifically they use CoAP. We need to run Wireshark and watch all the traffic between, for example, ports 1 and 2. The computer with Wireshark will be on port 3. A switch with 5 to 8 ports will suffice for this work. So will a hub but it seems that hubs are no longer made. I have searched the tp-link site but not recognized the manuals that describe how to implement that configuration. So far, I have seen that this called a port mirror. I have never done this level of work with a switch.

1 Which tp-link switches are good choices for this. So far TL-SG1005 looks like a good selection.
2 Where do I find the manual that presents the steps to do this? I need to see that before making a purchase.

Thank you for your time.

TL-SG1005 is unmanaged switch, do not support port mirror function, so you can not choose it.
You can choose TL-SG105E or TL-SG108E, you can download UG from tp-link website also.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 1

Related Articles