TL-SG3210 no browser access on first setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-24 04:29:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

hoping that you can help me on first configuration access via browser.
So far I tried it on 3 different PCs without success.

1st PC WIN10: USB Console Driver (Only for T2500G_T2600G series) cannot be installed
2nd PC WIN10: driver installation OK, but no access via standard IP 192.168.0.1 on chrome and IE/edge
3rd PC WIN8: driver installation OK, but no access via standard IP 192.168.0.1 on firefox and IE/edge

I tried with deactivated firewall settings as well.
Not sure if I have to change the work group in windows...
The standard IP is not used by anything else. There is no other cable network existing.
I am only using the 2 cables that have been delivered with the switch (but not simultaneously).

What is the problem? What other infos do you need from me to figure it out?

Thanks for support.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG3210 no browser access on first setup
2018-01-26 14:12:18

Svenson@connect wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

hoping that you can help me on first configuration access via browser.
So far I tried it on 3 different PCs without success.

1st PC WIN10: USB Console Driver (Only for T2500G_T2600G series) cannot be installed
2nd PC WIN10: driver installation OK, but no access via standard IP 192.168.0.1 on chrome and IE/edge
3rd PC WIN8: driver installation OK, but no access via standard IP 192.168.0.1 on firefox and IE/edge

I tried with deactivated firewall settings as well.
Not sure if I have to change the work group in windows...
The standard IP is not used by anything else. There is no other cable network existing.
I am only using the 2 cables that have been delivered with the switch (but not simultaneously).

What is the problem? What other infos do you need from me to figure it out?

Thanks for support.

In my opinion,the model number is T2500G-10TS? The TL-SG3210 and T2500G-10TS are different switch.
If you have configured static ip (like 192.168.0.X)for your computer, you can ping 192.168.0.1.
if you can not ping 192.168.0.1, That is mean the default ip address of T2500G-10TS be changed. You shuold reset this switch firstly.
You have used USB console driver in win10 and win8 computer, you can download software(putty) from internet.
Then use CLI to access the switch.
Options
2018-01-27 21:05:25

TPTHZ wrote

In my opinion,the model number is T2500G-10TS? The TL-SG3210 and T2500G-10TS are different switch.
If you have configured static ip (like 192.168.0.X)for your computer, you can ping 192.168.0.1.
if you can not ping 192.168.0.1, That is mean the default ip address of T2500G-10TS be changed. You shuold reset this switch firstly.
You have used USB console driver in win10 and win8 computer, you can download software(putty) from internet.
Then use CLI to access the switch.

Thanks for your response and the help. my model is T2500G-10TS (UN) V1.0
The driver for USB console was on the cd so I think it is the correct one. also in the device manager i can see several network certificates as ppoe, ipv6 and so on. so i think it has been installed.
but anyways i cannot understand why it is not opening on several different computers which are not in one network.
how can i reset the switch?
i simply want to access the GUI in the browser to configure the switch on first use. thats all. i have no idea about putty and hyperterminal or other tools with command line.
is there no option to configure this in windows 10?
Options
2018-02-01 16:19:26

Svenson@connect wrote

Thanks for your response and the help. my model is T2500G-10TS (UN) V1.0

The driver for USB console was on the cd so I think it is the correct one. also in the device manager i can see several network certificates as ppoe, ipv6 and so on. so i think it has been installed.

but anyways i cannot understand why it is not opening on several different computers which are not in one network.

how can i reset the switch?

i simply want to access the GUI in the browser to configure the switch on first use. thats all. i have no idea about putty and hyperterminal or other tools with command line.

is there no option to configure this in windows 10?

For T2500G-10TS, if you want reset switch to the default factory setting, you need use CLI also.
I found there are CLI guide in TP-LINK website.
http://static.tp-link.com/1910012120_T2500G-10TS(UN)_V1_CLI.pdf
I suggest you read chapter 1 firstly.
For windows 10, there are not Hyperterminal in default. So you need download Putty.
If you search "how to use putty access switch"via google, you can find some useful information.
http://www.omnisecu.com/cisco-certified-network-associate-ccna/how-to-use-putty-to-configure-or-monitor-a-cisco-router-or-switch.php
I hope it is useful for you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1028

Replies: 3

Related Articles