Cisco SG-300-28PP + MGBSX1 + TP-Link MC200CM no stable connection possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-26 23:00:58 - last edited 2021-04-20 12:09:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey everyone,

please note my setup in the discussion title. I do not get to link the two devices with a stable connection. The FX Link LED on the media converter lights for a few seconds before switching to a constant rapid flashing indication. If I connect the LAN on the local side and a computer on the far end of the fiber connection, I get very poor stability and transmission speed. However, the connection seems to generally work, i.e. I get an IP address and some data through the fiber.
What I've tried so far:
- I have two of the SFPs and tried both one after the other -> very same result
- I have tried them both in port 27 and 28 of the SG-300 (with no copper connected to the adjacent RJ45 port) -> very similar (poor) result
- I have two of the media converters and their power adapters, replaced everything part by part -> very same result
- I have tried different copper cables (all tested ok before) -> nothing changes
- I have several multimode fibers by different manufacturers, tried a few of them (all of them are approved using other devices) -> still no change
- I have a HP switch with SPF module, tried connection between Cisco and HP over Fiber -> same result, very poor connection quality and speed (OS shows connection losses every few seconds)
- Put the second MGBSX1 in a SG-300-10 I could arrange and tried to connect the two Ciscos together -> still would not improve the connection quality
- The two mc200cm work together well

It seems to me, there must be something fundamentally wrong here. I compares data sheets and compatibility charts, everything seems fine for my eyes.

Could anybody tell me what I do not see?

Thanks!

ribbon
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cisco SG-300-28PP + MGBSX1 + TP-Link MC200CM no stable connection possible?
2018-02-02 15:32:59 - last edited 2021-04-20 12:09:14

ribbon wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey everyone,

please note my setup in the discussion title. I do not get to link the two devices with a stable connection. The FX Link LED on the media converter lights for a few seconds before switching to a constant rapid flashing indication. If I connect the LAN on the local side and a computer on the far end of the fiber connection, I get very poor stability and transmission speed. However, the connection seems to generally work, i.e. I get an IP address and some data through the fiber.
What I've tried so far:
- I have two of the SFPs and tried both one after the other -> very same result
- I have tried them both in port 27 and 28 of the SG-300 (with no copper connected to the adjacent RJ45 port) -> very similar (poor) result
- I have two of the media converters and their power adapters, replaced everything part by part -> very same result
- I have tried different copper cables (all tested ok before) -> nothing changes
- I have several multimode fibers by different manufacturers, tried a few of them (all of them are approved using other devices) -> still no change
- I have a HP switch with SPF module, tried connection between Cisco and HP over Fiber -> same result, very poor connection quality and speed (OS shows connection losses every few seconds)
- Put the second MGBSX1 in a SG-300-10 I could arrange and tried to connect the two Ciscos together -> still would not improve the connection quality
- The two mc200cm work together well

It seems to me, there must be something fundamentally wrong here. I compares data sheets and compatibility charts, everything seems fine for my eyes.

Could anybody tell me what I do not see?

Thanks!

ribbon

Hi
There are a switch at the back of MC200CM. When connect MC200CM to SG300, this switch should be set to auto mode. When you set the switch to auto mode, please reboot the mc200CM also.
You can try.
Please note that MC200CM only supports 1000Mbps, please do not connect 10/100bps device to ethernet port of MC200CM.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 580

Replies: 1