T1700G-28TQ LACP problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-28 08:20:11
Model : T1700G-28TQ

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I recently bought one of these for my NSX homelab and am currently trying to set up LACP with the ESXi hosts but seem to hit a dead end on the switch side.
When I follow the manual over here: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-991.html it seems pretty straight forward, but it doesn't create the actual LAG and it leaves an LACP without members (it says N/A)

Steps:
Go to Switch--LAG--LACP (Clean switch, no LAGs have been made yet)
Select ports: 9 and 11
Admin key: 2
Port priority: default (32768)
Mode: Active
Press Apply

On the LACP tab, all settings apply but the LAG column stays empty (where it says LAG2 in the manual screenshot).
When I try to adjust settings on this newly made LACP I get: Link Aggregation Group ID is out of range.
On the Static LAG tab I can see the ports corresponding with the dropdown list LAG1
On the LAG Table tab I can see the LACP made, but it shows N/A for the members.

Please advise!
Options
3 Reply
Re:T1700G-28TQ LACP problems
2018-02-02 13:25:15

Drocona wrote

Model : T1700G-28TQ

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I recently bought one of these for my NSX homelab and am currently trying to set up LACP with the ESXi hosts but seem to hit a dead end on the switch side.
When I follow the manual over here: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-991.html it seems pretty straight forward, but it doesn't create the actual LAG and it leaves an LACP without members (it says N/A)

Steps:
Go to Switch--LAG--LACP (Clean switch, no LAGs have been made yet)
Select ports: 9 and 11
Admin key: 2
Port priority: default (32768)
Mode: Active
Press Apply

On the LACP tab, all settings apply but the LAG column stays empty (where it says LAG2 in the manual screenshot).
When I try to adjust settings on this newly made LACP I get: Link Aggregation Group ID is out of range.
On the Static LAG tab I can see the ports corresponding with the dropdown list LAG1
On the LAG Table tab I can see the LACP made, but it shows N/A for the members.

Please advise!

Did you check the configuration about your Vsphere?
http://www.vstellar.com/2017/09/19/lacp-configuration-in-vsphere-6/
In switch, you need not configure staic LAG and LACP at the same time ,if you configured LACP, please do not configure static LAG.
Options
2018-02-03 02:44:01
Hi TPTHZ,

Thanks for the suggestions, my vSphere environment was set up correctly.
I figured out what the problem was, however I have no clue why this was happening.

Instead of Admin Key value of 2, I used 10.
Apparently, everything below 10 yields me nothing but errors like I mentioned above, but no clue as to why an admin key below 10 would fail.

Anyway, I have created all the LACP's for the other hosts going from admin key 10 and up, they all connect instantly and the members are shown.
Problem solved.
Options
2018-02-09 17:43:20

Drocona wrote

Hi TPTHZ,

Thanks for the suggestions, my vSphere environment was set up correctly.
I figured out what the problem was, however I have no clue why this was happening.

Instead of Admin Key value of 2, I used 10.
Apparently, everything below 10 yields me nothing but errors like I mentioned above, but no clue as to why an admin key below 10 would fail.

Anyway, I have created all the LACP's for the other hosts going from admin key 10 and up, they all connect instantly and the members are shown.
Problem solved.

Thank you share this information. To tell the truth, it is strange. I have not met the same issue. maybe I only aggregate the link between switch.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4889

Replies: 3

Related Articles