Fiber port down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Fiber port down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Fiber port down
Fiber port down
2018-02-13 18:48:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everybody,

We have installed a TP Link T1600G-52PS Smart switch recently and we are using the fiber ports (and Ethernet ports also). All seems ok most of the time but we noticed that once or twice a week, one fiber port is down (according to the log), so an important part of the network which access through this port cannot connect to the server. We haven´t been able to find out the problem yet, we don´t know whether there is an issue with the CPU load or memory usage during a brief period of time and that is shutting down the port or what.

Could anybody give any hint about the reason of this problem, please? Has anybody have a similar problem?

Thank you in advance!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Fiber port down
2018-03-15 16:53:22
I haven't meet this problem. But I think the switch should have the CPU monitor. If you doubt that it's related to the CPU, I think you can check the monitor.
Options
Re:Fiber port down
2018-03-21 17:50:52

flobato wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everybody,

We have installed a TP Link T1600G-52PS Smart switch recently and we are using the fiber ports (and Ethernet ports also). All seems ok most of the time but we noticed that once or twice a week, one fiber port is down (according to the log), so an important part of the network which access through this port cannot connect to the server. We haven´t been able to find out the problem yet, we don´t know whether there is an issue with the CPU load or memory usage during a brief period of time and that is shutting down the port or what.

Could anybody give any hint about the reason of this problem, please? Has anybody have a similar problem?

Thank you in advance!

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
Will it recover itself? What's the memory look like?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 2

Related Articles