cannot connect to sysology NAS through SMB

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-16 08:22:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased a T1600G-52TS and a Synology 418 NAS. I cannot connect to the NAS browsing via SMB ( \\NAS\) when the NAS is plugged into my TP link switch. It works fine when my computer and the NAS is plugged into my Asus router. (it does not work when the traffic is going through the switch. if either is plugged into the switch) I have tried plugging it in with both 1 and 2 cables. I also configured LACP for link aggregation. I can browse the NAS via IP address, but not by the SMB share name. What do I need to configure on my switch to get this to work??
Options
2 Reply
Re:cannot connect to sysology NAS through SMB
2018-02-18 21:34:30
Here’s another interesting problem I just discovered. I play games on Steam and use their in-home streaming feature to run a game on one system and play it on another. When either computer is plugged into the switch, it will not connect. Streaming uses UDP ports 27031 and 27036 and TCP ports 27036 and 27037. I’m guessing that this is a routing issue of some kind, but I cannot figure it out.

Options
Re:cannot connect to sysology NAS through SMB
2018-02-19 00:08:44

captainharlow wrote

Here’s another interesting problem I just discovered. I play games on Steam and use their in-home streaming feature to run a game on one system and play it on another. When either computer is plugged into the switch, it will not connect. Streaming uses UDP ports 27031 and 27036 and TCP ports 27036 and 27037. I’m guessing that this is a routing issue of some kind, but I cannot figure it out.

The T1600G does not do routing except if you did explicitly configure it (e.g. to do Inter-VLAN routing). Therefore make a backup of the switch's config, set it to factory defaults and test again. If your network is using 192.168.0.0, ensure to change the switch's mgmt IP in order to avoid possible IP conflicts with your router's IP. If it then works with factory defaults, your switch's config was broken.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 626

Replies: 2

Related Articles