TL-SG105E making games crash

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-24 03:22:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys!

Recently bought a TL-SG105E switch (Version 3) so that I don't need to change my Ethernet-cable between my computer and Xbox all the time. From it, I get the speed which I'm paying for (100/100 Fibre internet).
However there seems to be something wrong with the settings of the switch. When I try to play online games, I get kicked of from the games servers. For example, I play alot of FIFA, and when I'm connecting my XBOX via the switch I'm getting kicked from the games servers. Am connected to the XBOX and have good speed but still getting kicked. This also happens when I'm playing games on PC that I've got kicked from servers even tho the internet is good. I've connected the XBOX via WiFi and a Ethernet cable who dosen't go via the switch, and a couple of times I got kicked but almost all of the time it is like normal. And as soon as I try to connect the XBOX via the switch again, I can't log in to the game servers or getting kicked in not to long time.

Been in the connect with both the support for FIFA, where I did alot of test that work for most people they said but no for me, but also with my ISP. Both saying that it seems to something with the switch since they can't see anything on their side. So I guess it looks like their is something with the settings or something with the Switch.

I tried to log in in the TP-link program. Installed the program pro the following disc. When i try to log in it says this (see picture below)

Tried some to follow some guides to put didn't work. Not sure what I did but suddenly where it's says IP-adress it changed from 192.168.0.1 to some other adress. With that IP-adress I could log in, and I could also log in the web-based program. Later one I all of a sudden couldn't log in with that adress. Pressed "Enable" on the DHCP setting and I then got a new IP-adress and I could once again log in. Now i did a system reset and the IP is back to 192.168.0.1, so it seems that if just press the enable on the DHCP setting I can log in but that seems weird to me.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I saw now that I dubble posted so a moderator could delete this thread thank you
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E making games crash
2018-06-11 19:42:04

theboxen21 wrote

When I try to play online games, I get kicked of from the games servers.

This probably is caused by your 100/100 fiber and a low latency. Game servers often apply heuristics to discover bots and with improved latency there could be false positives (just a guess).

Tried some to follow some guides to put didn't work. Not sure what I did but suddenly where it's says IP-adress it changed from 192.168.0.1 to some other adress.

Did you save the config or just apply the change? If the latter, it will restore the saved config on next boot. Please RTFM.

Edit: I saw now that I dubble posted so a moderator could delete this thread thank you

You can delete it by editing the post.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:TL-SG105E making games crash
2021-11-29 16:16:47

This happens because the servers are sometimes filled with bots. as a bot developer myself, I have come across several games that include bots and chatbots into the game. This is very irritating, especially for gamers. So to avoid such issues I try to fix the server settings even before logging in. Try the steps given below it might work, it works for me though. If it doesn't work for you kindly ignore it.

Run the Network Connection Test on your console.

1. Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select All Settings.

4. Select Network.

5. Select Network settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.

6. On the right side of the Network settings screen, select Test network connection.

Having worked on chatbots and their development I know a bot when I see one. There are companies that leverage chatbot development services to build smart efficient AI based bots that provide support for gamers. https://thinkpalm.com/products/chat-bot/  (Chatbot development services)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 906

Replies: 2

Related Articles