No connection to devices connected to TL-SG1005D

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-17 01:32:17
Model : TL-SG1005D

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : Stock

ISP : TalkTalk

I have a TalkTalk router in a utilities room with 4 ethernet ports. I have these ports connected to the various rooms throughout my home including my bedroom and two which are connected to my living room where I have a port going to my smart TV and one into my AV cabinet where my AV receiver, PS4, Streaming box are placed.

Since I have 3 devices and only 1 port in the cabinet, I bought the SF1005D v8 to give wired connections to all 3 devices.

I have sent the ethernet port in my cabinet to the switch and also hooked up my other devices to the switch however none of these devices have internet access when connected like this. When removing the switch and connecting a device directly to the ethernet port in my living room, it's business as usual. But with the switch added into the mix, nothing.

On my streaming box it says that the link is connected fine but there is no internet connection. I have my IP, MAC, Gateway details showing up correctly. I should also point out that all the LEDs on the back light up and flash when I connect the devices to the switch yet there is no connection.

Any idea where i'm going wrong?
Options
2 Reply
Re:No connection to devices connected to TL-SG1005D
2018-03-21 18:00:26

TheLaundryBoy wrote

Hardware Version :

I have a TalkTalk router in a utilities room with 4 ethernet ports. I have these ports connected to the various rooms throughout my home including my bedroom and two which are connected to my living room where I have a port going to my smart TV and one into my AV cabinet where my AV receiver, PS4, Streaming box are placed.

Since I have 3 devices and only 1 port in the cabinet, I bought the SF1005D v8 to give wired connections to all 3 devices.

I have sent the ethernet port in my cabinet to the switch and also hooked up my other devices to the switch however none of these devices have internet access when connected like this. When removing the switch and connecting a device directly to the ethernet port in my living room, it's business as usual. But with the switch added into the mix, nothing.

On my streaming box it says that the link is connected fine but there is no internet connection. I have my IP, MAC, Gateway details showing up correctly. I should also point out that all the LEDs on the back light up and flash when I connect the devices to the switch yet there is no connection.

So strange ! Are you sure this switch is working well?
If you connect two PCs to this switch, are they able to communicate with each other?
This is unmanaged switch, you need not configure any thing, Plug and Play
Options
Re:No connection to devices connected to TL-SG1005D
2018-04-03 20:14:29

TheLaundryBoy wrote

Hardware Version :

Did you resolve this? I'm having exactly the same problem...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1161

Replies: 2

Related Articles