Access to NAS from mobile device bridging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-18 17:55:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TL-R470T+ balanced router with 2 service provider router connected to the internet: Unity media connect box via cable and Speedport W724V via DSL. I want to access my NAS Synology DS218j from my mobile phone but NAS says I have to bridge one of the routers. Which router should I bridge and how is it done? Port forwarding on the Speedport? Bridging the balanced router? How?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Access to NAS from mobile device bridging
2018-03-21 13:57:43
Hi Michael

Where is your NAS? In the LAN of the R470T+? And how did your mobile phone get to the internet? 4G or also by the Speedport?
These info will deside where you need to use the port prowarding.
Options
Access from outside of the firewall
2018-03-24 18:10:02
Access of the mobile through the wifi (Fritzbox connected to the balanced router aka DHCP server) works so I can backup my pictures on the NAS. But I want to access the NAS from outside, that is through the connect box of the cable provider or the Speedport and subsequent the TP-link balanced router. The way goes Internet - DSL modem or cable modem - balanced router - NAS. Is bridging the same as port forwarding?
Options
Re:Access to NAS from mobile device bridging
2018-04-09 09:38:11

MichaelSch wrote

Access of the mobile through the wifi (Fritzbox connected to the balanced router aka DHCP server) works so I can backup my pictures on the NAS. But I want to access the NAS from outside, that is through the connect box of the cable provider or the Speedport and subsequent the TP-link balanced router. The way goes Internet - DSL modem or cable modem - balanced router - NAS. Is bridging the same as port forwarding?

Bridge is totally different as port forwarding. bridge is physical layer concept, port forwarding is transport layer concept.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 700

Replies: 3