No internet access using TP-Link SF1005D

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-24 22:40:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[FONT=verdana][/FONT] Good morning everyone, happy to be here for the first time. Please bare with me as my limited knowledge of the world of switches, Ethernet ports and Wi-Fi access points will be glaring obvious as I try to explain the problem I am having with my new TL-SF1005D switch.
Here's the situation: Arris cable modem w/1 Ethernet port, Sony Blu-ray w/built-in WiFi, older Linksys E2500 router paired with a Linksys WET610N Dual Band Wireless-N Gaming and Video Adapter plus desktop computer running Win10 Pro. The desktop and adapter are in a separate room. I want them all to be connected and happy as a clam at high tide. Sounds easy, right? Humbug !
So here's what I thought to be the solution: buy that TP-Link switch, run a Cat5e from modem to #5 port on the switch, run a Cat5e from router to #1 port on switch, run another Cat5e from port #2 to my Blu-ray player. Oh happy days, all connections on that switch lit up like a Christmas tree. Router and Blu-ray Ethernet port lights blinking away. Turn on the player and it is connected to the internet, go to the other room and see all lights on the adapter are on telling me we're good to go. So I turn on the computer and guess what? I've have no internet access. Window's wi-fi trouble shooter tells me I have no access due to an invalid ip address.
HELP! Please tell this neophyte what I did wrong. Thank you for any suggestions.
Options
1 Reply
Re:No internet access using TP-Link SF1005D
2018-04-02 13:52:55
1. Check your Windows PC's IP address. If it's 169.254.xxx.xxx, it represents that the PC didn't get the IP address.
2. You should find the DHCP server(the device assign the IP address to your PC), check whether the PC is in the DHCP Client list. The PC can get the IP address and default gateway from DHCP server or set up them manually.
3. Generally the DHCP server is the router. Check your router whether can access internet normally.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3358

Replies: 1

Related Articles