Solution to provide Wi-Fi in small village

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-05 22:30:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi to all

A friend of mine has some old village houses to rent. He want to provide internet access to all houses via Wi-Fi.
The used implementation do not work and the guests complain about the poor service.
The major problem is the material used in external walls, 1 meter solid blocks of stone (granite) that blocks all wireless signal.

I need some help in validate my idea or point me to a new direction or products, to put the signal inside the houses.

Exists a central point, the reception, with an ISP fibre internet access and an operator router.
The reception is in a lower plan. All houses are in different plans above the reception. The houses are not more than 10 meters, in line of sight, from the reception.

Is impossible to pass Ethernet cable between reception and houses, so the only option is wireless.

My idea is in reception put a pole with the new TL-ANT2410MO antenna connected to an WBS210, that connects to a port in the ISP router.
In every house put a pole with a CPE210 and inside house a TL-WA801ND to provide wireless.

Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks
Options
6 Reply
Re:Solution to provide Wi-Fi in small village
2018-04-08 21:15:29

pcoluna wrote

My idea is in reception put a pole with the new TL-ANT2410MO antenna connected to an WBS210, that connects to a port in the ISP router.
In every house put a pole with a CPE210 and inside house a TL-WA801ND to provide wireless.

Any ideas are appreciated

You already got the idea :). But I would prefer WBS510 with sector antenna, if all houses can be covered by an area of the antenna's 120º beam width angle. This will reduce possible interference with the indoor devices and other WiFi gear around (indoor WiFi is not completely blocked, except if the houses don't have windows and doors). But if you really need omnidirectional coverage, the WBS210 with TL-ANT2410MO would probably better.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-04-10 17:18:15
Hi again

Thanks for validate my idea.
I'll see if all hoses are in 120º beam and change to 5GHz for PtMP connection.

Once again Thanks
Options
2018-04-12 20:57:52
Hi to all, again

More data ...
The houses are in approximate 270º beam width angle from the reception. So back to first idea.

Today I bean aware that one house (House A) is not in line of sight with the reception, but is in line of sight with another house (House B).
What implementation/equipment can I use to retransmit the signal from House B, that receive it from reception, to House A?

Thanks
Options
2018-04-14 04:35:39

pcoluna wrote

Today I bean aware that one house (House A) is not in line of sight with the reception, but is in line of sight with another house (House B).
What implementation/equipment can I use to retransmit the signal from House B, that receive it from reception, to House A?

You can set up a relay station at house B. Either use 3 devices:

Client@reception ))) ((( AP@houseB ))) ((( client@houseA

or 4 devices:

AP@reception ))) ((( client1@houseB ------ client2@houseB ))) ((( AP@houseA

))) means wireless link
--- means cable link
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-05-15 09:44:02
I see.... Nice info. I plan to set up a Repeater beam on the company ( k ampunginggrispare.info ) that I work for later.
Options
2018-05-15 17:03:46
great artcle, im have plan to for set up my repater beam on my company ( Live Draw HK)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 988

Replies: 6