CPE210 VERY slow accesing GUI, unable to complete setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-21 01:34:02
Model : CPE210

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am now trying my 2nd CPE210 v2 (US) device purchased during the past week (I returned and replaced the first one), but both units have the same problem: It is taking forever to get the gui to load. 3 to 4 minutes for the main login page to appear, then just as long for the other gui pages to load (sometimes they don't load at all, just a blank page). This is happening on FF, Chrome, IE, all the most recent versions. If I am able to login, I am then faced with 20+ "failed to get data" popup messages, they keep popping up again as soon as I clear them. Eventually, I'll be able to get to different gui pages, but then the device just takes forever to load the setup pages or change settings. I have tried 2 different computers, 4 different ethernet cables for poe & lan (that work fine on my other devices); different power locations for the poe injector, I have tried with and without my firewall & anti-virus, I have tried clearing my DNS cache, I have factory reset the CPE210 and started over, but nothing makes this problem go away. I am using IP settings recommended in the manual (computer 192.168.0.10, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway I've tried blank and also 192.168.0.254 When it happened to the 1st unit, I thought maybe it was defective, so I just returned it to amazon and got a replacement. But as the replacement is also having the same issues, either I am missing something very obvious, or can there be a bunch of defective units that amazon is shipping?
Options
5 Reply
Re:CPE210 VERY slow accesing GUI, unable to complete setup
2018-06-11 15:55:30
same problem! anyone help!!
Options
2018-06-12 22:28:03

AC3 wrote

I am now trying my 2nd CPE210 v2 (US) device purchased during the past week (I returned and replaced the first one), but both units have the same problem: It is taking forever to get the gui to load. 3 to 4 minutes for the main login page to appear, then just as long for the other gui pages to load (sometimes they don't load at all, just a blank page).

If you experience this while your computer and the CPE are connected to your network through a switch or router, then your computer(s) probably have a serious problem such as a virus infection.

To test this, connect your computer directly to the CPE (to be precise: connect it to the LAN port of the CPE's power injector), so that only those two devices are interconnected. Set the computer to a static IP (192.168.0.10 is fine) and try again. If it still takes 3 to 4 minutes to load the web UI, try to ping the CPE and check the latency. If there is a unusual high latency, something weird is going on in your Ethernet card or in the IP layer.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-06-14 09:48:29

R1D2 wrote

If you experience this while your computer and the CPE are connected to your network through a switch or router, then your computer(s) probably have a serious problem such as a virus infection.

To test this, connect your computer directly to the CPE (to be precise: connect it to the LAN port of the CPE's power injector), so that only those two devices are interconnected. Set the computer to a static IP (192.168.0.10 is fine) and try again. If it still takes 3 to 4 minutes to load the web UI, try to ping the CPE and check the latency. If there is a unusual high latency, something weird is going on in your Ethernet card or in the IP layer.

Uh, no, This is not a virus, nor my nic. I indicated in my post that this was direct computer connection tried on 2 different computers, static IP's as per instructions. It's funny how a different brand worked right out of the box on both computers, but TP-Link product (2 of them) did not. In any event, I've returned the CPE210 almost a month ago as wasn't able to get a response in time from TP-Link, and am not having any issues with the different brand. Thanks for replying though.
Options
2018-06-30 15:59:15
New firmware versions are posted atis no need to upgrade the firmware unless the new firmware has a new feature you want touse. However, when experiencing problems caused by the router rather than theconfiguration, you can try to upgrade the firmware
Options
2018-07-01 04:20:12
Since the Pharos web UI is almost completely implemented in Javascript, it mainly runs in your browser, not on a CPE. On older computers this can be slow, much like UBNT's AirOS web UI on EdgeRouter/EdgePoints, which needs even more time to start up (both Pharos and AirOS use the same Javascript libraries internally). But I never ever experienced wait times of 3 to 5 minutes, that's much too slow to be caused by a lame Javascript/browser!

For example, on a 2006 MacBook and CPE firmware 1.3.x it can take about 20 sec. to load the main page, while with firmware 2.x.x it speeds up to ~10 sec. (tested with Safari, Chrome and Firefox, where Firefox is slowest of all three on this old platform). Internet Exploder is not recommended by TP-Link at all - see "Requirements" under "Specifications" for any CPE/WBS device.

"Failed to get data" means that an AJAX call did fail; this happens for example on broken or flaky Ethernet links or completely congested networks with packet loss. To test this, unplug the cable after the Status page (main page) have been loaded and you will get this error message on every automatic status update.

Thus, if the error message "failed to get data" appears, your network setup or your computer's connectivity is definitely broken.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5567

Replies: 5

Related Articles