Need help fine tuning an outdoor network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-23 21:05:04
Hello
I got a small outdoor setup with:
TP-link Archer VR900 ADSL/VDSL modem router
2x TP-link CPE210 outdoor unit

[i]Current situation:[/i]
CPE210's are connected to Archer vr900 via LAN0 and LAN1 ports, both operating in 'access point' mode configured from quick setup, I have only changed their IP's (one to 192.168.2.10, other 192.168.3.10) and wireless channels, one is 6 other is 13, thinking they might interfere with each other and it would be better to not give them both same channels (not sure if this is necessary...noob here)

Now, the garden is 100meters x 50 meters, one CPE210 is at north corner, other is at south. at the middle, there is modem which is also have wifi enabled and pretty much everything is at default. Aim of this setup is share internet to wireless clients all over this 100x50 meters garden.
I haven't purchased this gear, it was already here, and I found out CPE210 is not best for this job, it is actually a directional device to achieve high range connections. But this is what is available and I want to have optimal settings for these devices.

Now I have explained you the situation more or less, my questions:
I wanted to have ping watchdog on CPE's so device can reboot itself whenever necessary, but nothing works. IP on LAN0 shows 0.0.0.0 in CPE properties, i tried setting everything (modem's gateway which is 192.168.1.1, tried CPE's ip ranges like 192.168.2.0-1 etc) nothing works, it cannot ping any of those and eventually resets itself when it is not necessary.

I have tried setting up devices with 'Client' mode which says "device can connect to a wired device and works as a wireless adapter to receive wireless signal from your wireless network." this is actually what I want, but when I set both devices to this mode, second CPE210 stops working completely, become unaccesible then I have to hard-reset it and reconfigure it.
What kind of IP configuration should I make to prevent this happen so both CPE's can have their own DHCP enabled and working well with router/modem?
How to set-up these devices optimal for my situation? thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 0

Related Articles