Connecting two CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting two CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting two CPE510
Connecting two CPE510
2018-06-17 20:43:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would like to connect two CPE 510 to create a bridge but I am not very computer literate, so please bear with me.
My plan is to connect a cable from my router to one CPE510 and point it at a second CPE510 30 mf away. From this second CPE510 I would like to take an Ethernet cable into another property and add an AP point to give wifi there.

Question. Will this take much configuring and is this possible to set up simply, and without installing Pharoscontrol software.
I read that Pharos would need to be running all the time to manage the network and I do not intend to have a pc connected .

Many Thanks in anticipation

Roy
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting two CPE510
2018-06-18 05:02:42

ROYMCKEOWN wrote

Question. Will this take much configuring and is this possible to set up simply, and without installing Pharoscontrol software.

Yes, setup is simple. One CPE should be left in default operation mode (as Access Point), second should be set to Client mode. No, Pharos Control is not needed at all to set up or run a directional link. For more info on operation modes, setup, tuning etc. read the Installation Guide coming with the device in printed form and the User's Manual available at: https://www.tp-link.com/us/download/CPE510.html

I read that Pharos would need to be running all the time to manage the network and I do not intend to have a pc connected .

Where did you read that? It's wrong. You can also manage the CPE510 through its built-in web UI.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 1

Related Articles