TL-SG108E - Add features management vlan id

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-06 13:42:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I Am ISP Provider and i use TL-SG108E in small apts mikrotik vlan
Please add features swap management VLAN ID box

isolate management vlan ID clients
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E - Add features management vlan id
2018-11-03 16:25:34

I second this request.  Having the management only avilable on vlan 1 really hampers the use of these devices.

Please consider adding this feature.

Options
2018-12-01 12:07:05

I would love to see this option also in the SG116E. If the devices are only reachable via a trunk link, the web interface is no use on VLAN 1, only.

Options
2021-02-20 15:25:43 - last edited 2021-02-20 15:27:09

EDIT: I now see I revived a very old thread. Anyway, I just leave it here, maybe somebody finds it useful...

@vipnet Interesting: I am using TL-SG108E hardware version 5 and noticed I can access the management interface from any VLAN, as long as it is in the same subnet.

I expected that the management interface would only be accessible via VLAN 1. With my V5 device it seems I cannot protect the management interface from access from other VLANs.

It seems the opposite behavior of what you are describing. Which version of the hardware to you have?

Typically when in different VLANs devices will also be assigned IP addresses in different subnets. If the management interface is on an IP address in one subnet it cannot be accessed from other subnets without some routing happening...

So if I understand correctly: I want the management interface to be only reachable from a specific VLAN.

And you want the management interface to be reachable from any VLAN from any subnet, correct?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1802

Replies: 3

Related Articles