Now there are V4 SG105E/SG108E's...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-08 04:16:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

But, still no sign of a firmware for my SG1016DE v2 to let me take vlan1 out to stop it looping....

In attempt to set priorities for different vlans, I had the vlans flowing out of the SG1016DE on separate ports into another switch... where that switch was doing port based priority for (untagged) packets entering...to get to my router. Had 5 links between the switches....which stopped everything on my network once I hooked it up.... well, it was vlanA+1, vlanB+1, vlanC+1, vlanD+1, vlanE+1.... what a mess.

Doesn't matter if I were to stop using vlan1 for anything...its creating an asymmetric vlan that ties all my vlans together.... making why have vlans?

Though I think I found a different way to assign priorities, that I might try once I get things settled again.

Had to pull the SG1016DE out for now, but the other switch needs one more port to handle everything.... not sure if I'll get another TP-Link anymore.

Of course, I probably wouldn't have had this problem is I had waited before getting the SG1016DE...which I had snagged during Amazon Prime Days in 2016. Had a TP-Link Gigabit router that I've been happy with, so opted to go with TP-LInk in plan to gradually upgrade from unmanaged switches, starting with my main switch, which was a 16 port 10/100... With all my unmanaged switches from Trendnet. At the time, I had thought if I could do port mirroring, it might help with troubleshooting an issue I was having. (which I found was due to one of my banks switching to a cert signed by a root not trusted by El Capitan...requiring an upgrade to Sierra... but, Firefox on the same Mac could get to the bank....) Part of the resistance in getting the 16 port upgraded, was wanting to find one with lights on front, ports on back type switch.... but, that rack is no more...

But, the move to all Easy Smart switches finally happened this year. Starting with an SG1016DE v2 and an SG108E v2, it was quickly joined with an SG108E v3, and then an SG105E v3....(which I probably should've gotten another 8, though nothing is connected to it yet... need to get things stable before I get to isolating my IoT and having a guest network...)

At least I was able to update the SG108Ev2 with v3 firmware... but had somehow forgotten that the same didn't hold true with the SG1016DE v2, leading to this current disruption of my home network....

Oh well, back to drawing board, which I probably should've stayed at....instead of blowing up my network up on the 4th....

The Dreamer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 0

Related Articles