problem creating simple bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-10 12:54:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Please Help
I am tyingto connect 2 cpe 520. Its a simpleBridge spanning only 300m
For thelife of me I cannot get this to work.
SO,starting with both CPEs reset and plugged into the router, I set my laptop toIP 198.168.0.10
I thenbrowse 192.168.0.254. Sometimes it finds it, sometimes times out.
When itfinds it I set a new username and password, go into quicksetup, choose AP andset a new SSID
I also seta PSK password
Then,without exiting, I go into quicksetup again an choose client
I changethe IP to 192.168.0.33. This is thepoint where I think it goes wrong....
When Ichoose survey, it does not show the new SSID in the list. If I enter the SSIDmanually, it does not seem to work.
Is all thisgoing wring because I am using a laptop?
Another question.When I set up the AP, I can see that SSID available in the list of networks.However if I try to access it does not recognise my password.
Help!
Options
1 Reply
Re:problem creating simple bridge
2018-07-12 07:34:57

RMCKEOWN wrote

When itfinds it I set a new username and password, go into quicksetup, choose AP andset a new SSID
I also seta PSK password
Then,without exiting, I go into quicksetup again an choose client

Not sure what you mean with "without exiting", but you should configure each CPE separately (i.e. turn the first one off after config has been saved before turning the second one on or pull cables at least to force a flush of the ARP cache, which can be the reason that your laptop doesn't connect to the 192.168.0.254 sometimes).

I also don't recommend Quick Setup. Just go to the Network menu, set a static IP, apply it, save the config, turn off or pull the cable at least. Then connect the second one, change IP and mode. Now you can re-connect both to your PC over a switch or directly and set up remaining settings (wireless etc.). If trying to sync both CPEs, make sure the antennas on the front face are aligned to each other and the CPEs are at lest 5 meters apart from each other. If using auto-channel, give them enough time to sync (several retries in survey are sometimes needed).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 1