Wireless link about 100 meters aparts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-22 19:29:12
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA7510N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,
Please could some one help me out with this one.

I need to have a wireless link from one building to another about 100 meters apart and I have a clear line of site, just to connect one PC.

Am I right in thinking I could purchase a TP-Link TL-WA7510N and just install a TP Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter or even a TP-Link TL-WN7200ND 150MBPS High Power Wireless USB Adapter.

Or would it be better two install a TP-Link TL-WA7510N at both sites ?

If I did the second do I just install CAT5E cable from my switch to the POE box, then another CAT5E from the POE box to the WAP outside.
Then at the other side Install the WAP with a CAT5E cable from the WAP to my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless link about 100 meters aparts
2012-11-22 21:37:19
I think it is better to use the second option, installing TL-WA7510 at both sides. In the package of TL-WA7510, there is a little POE injector. The connection could be like this

So that means, one connected to your gateway router or switch and another one connected to the place you want. You need configure it one as a AP, another as client to your PC as the user guide shows.
File:
untitled.JPGDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 1