How to configure a CPE510 that works as a client and it also provides a WiFi extension outdoor?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to configure a CPE510 that works as a client and it also provides a WiFi extension outdoor?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-17 20:14:48 - last edited 2018-09-18 05:18:21

I've got two CPE510 and one AC1350 router.

I would like to configure one of the CPE510 in order it works as a Client (attaching the AC1350, inside home, with an ethernet cable) but also enabling its Wi-Fi extension capabilities to be used outdoor.

Configuring it with operation mode = Client, it works fine, but because I would like to activate also its Wi-Fi capabilities outdoor, I tried to configure it as a Bridge, supposing that it was the right choice. However in that case I am not able to make it connect to the other CPE510 configured as an Access Point.

Could someone tell me how to configure it in order to use it as a client (attaching with ethernet cable a AC1350 to remotize the Internet connection provided by a modem attached to the other CPE510, configured as an Access Point) and having also a wi-fi extension capability outdoor provided by that CPE510, if it is possible?

Thank you

Enzo 

Options
5 Reply
Re:How to configure a CPE510 that works as a client and it also provides a WiFi extension outdoor?
2018-09-19 07:31:40

Is it possible to configure a CPE510 in order it works both as a client for an other CPE510 (configured as an Access Point) and as a Wi-Fi extender in the area where it is located? What operation mode should be configured in that case? Is there a tutorial about that configuration?

Options
Re:Re:How to configure a CPE510 that works as a client and it also provides a WiFi extension outdoor?
2018-09-19 11:01:50 - last edited 2018-09-19 11:03:26

enzoc wrote

Is it possible to configure a CPE510 in order it works both as a client for an other CPE510 (configured as an Access Point) and as a Wi-Fi extender in the area where it is located? What operation mode should be configured in that case? Is there a tutorial about that configuration?

First of all, in order to let clients connect to a CPE it needs to work as an AP. You could use another (remote) CPE in AP mode and let the local CPE connect to the remote as a client, but other clients can't connect to the local CPE then, since it's working as a client, too.

Next, CPEs are designed to build long-range directional links. They are not well-suited to feed other devices such as phones, tablets or laptops. This is because CPEs by design concentrate RF energy in a specific direction (45º angle for CPE510 and 65º angle for CPE210). You better should use an EAP110-Outdoor or an EAP225-Outdoor with 360º omnidirectional antennas for supplying SOHO clients locally.

If you insist to use Pharos devices for feeding SOHO devices locally, use a WBS210 with either TL-ANT2410MO (360º antenna beam width) or TL-ANT2415MS (120º antenna beam width), but restrictions regarding the coverage area of SOHO devices still apply, since they have to send a signal to the WBS, too, and their antennas are not nearly as powerful as the WBS' antennas specially designed for directional operation.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:How to configure a CPE510 that works as a client and it also provides a WiFi extension outdoor?
2018-09-20 07:39:00 - last edited 2018-09-22 04:17:47

you had it right 

some times a bad setting can create a conflict that it requires a restart or a restore

my advice is restore both units so we can start fresh with default settings

set the 1st unit as AP no DHCP

set the 2nd unit as BRIDGE no DHCP

that will do what you want with the 2nd unit

sent and recieve

the AP is pretty straight foward but there are a few setting that are a bit important

in distance simply check auto

for the BRIDGE the same simply check auto in distance

very important do not use the same name or password on the BRIDGE unit

create a new name and a new password for your BRIDGE connection

it should connect with both units with DHCP disable

the modem or router that is giving the AP internet is the one that has DHCP enable

if it doesn't connect like it happens the first time

then go to the BRIDGE unit and go to 

Network / Lan / Connection type and change Static for Dynamic

check now if there is internet

when you have DHCP disable you have to go to TCI/IP and enter the values manually so you can access the router

but after you finished setting up the router and making changes make sure you revert back to automatic

to give internet to AC1350 simply connect the lan cable from the 2nd BRIDGE unit lan port power adapter to the blue WAN port on the AC1350

make sure the lan cable that gives the AP internet is connect it to the lan port power adapter and not to the CPE unit

that is for another mode , depending if you have version 1 or 2

the only lan cable that goes to the CPE unit should in the POE port

there is a diference between version 1 and 2 but i don't want to go off topic and is better to keep everything simple

the POE from the power adapter to the POE of the CPE unit

in the AP the lan cable from the modem or router to the lan port of the power adapter

in the BRIDGE the lan cable from the lan port to the WAN port AC1350

well that is if i undertood correctly about the AC1350

Options
Re:Re:How to configure a CPE510 that works as a client and it also provides a WiFi extension outdoor?
2018-09-20 15:33:19

thank you all for the information. I will take care of your suggestions. 😊 

antoniooninato wrote

you had it right 

some times a bad setting can create a conflict that it requires a restart or a restore

my advice is restore both units so we can start fresh with default settings

set the 1st unit as AP no DHCP

set the 2nd unit as BRIDGE no DHCP

that will do what you want with the 2nd unit

sent and recieve

the AP is pretty straight foward but there are a few setting that are a bit important

in distance simply check auto

for the repeater the same simply check auto in distance

very important do not use the same name or password on the BRIDGE unit

create a new name and a new password for your BRIDGE connection

it should connect with both units with DHCP disable

the modem or router that is giving the AP internet is the one that has DHCP enable

if it doesn't connect like it happens the first time

then go to the BRIDGE unit and go to 

Network / Lan / Connection type and change Static for Dynamic

check now if there is internet

when you have DHCP disable you have to go to TCI/IP and enter the values manually so you can access the router

but after you finished setting up the router and making changes make sure you revert back to automatic

to give internet to AC1350 simply connect the lan cable from the 2nd BRIDGE unit lan port power adapter to the blue WAN port on the AC1350

make sure the lan cable that gives the AP internet is connect it to the lan port power adapter and not to the CPE unit

that is for another mode , depending if you have version 1 or 2

the only cable lan cable that goes to the CPE unit should in the POE port

there is a diference between version 1 and 2 but to not go off topic and to keep everything simply

the POE from the power adapter to the POE of the CPE unit

in the AP the lan cable from the modem or router to the lan port of the power adapter

in the BRIDGE the lan cable from the lan port to the WAN port AC1350

well that is if i undertood correctly about the AC1350

Options
2018-09-22 04:03:39

hi my question is if i undertood your configuration correctly

are you using AC1350 to recieve intenet from the bridge via lan cable

or

are you using AC1350 to give internet to the access point via lan cable

if the answer is the first one then that means that you have the first CPE unit, the AP connected to a modem or router via lan cable

right?

so if i understood correctly then this is the setup that you want

modem to 1st CPE unit , that CPE unit is set as AP

2nd CPE unit, that is set as BRIDGE , so it can connec to the AP via wifi

but you want the bridge to also provide wifi via it's own wifi network name

aditional you also want to use the lan cable from the bridge unit to connect it to AC1350 wan port

so the AC1350 can also give intenet via lan or wifi

right?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 6738

Replies: 5