2 Vlans and a router on a stick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-23 18:35:20

I know RTFM..but I seem to be having some issues getting it to work....I have a T1600G-28PS..What I want to set up is 2 vlans (with switch ports used for POE cameras and a uplink to go to another POE switch) The other vlan I want to use for the non POE computers or streaming devices....I want to seperate the 2 since I don't want streaming...etc to get in the say of the cameras....not sure if I will need that or not)...but I will use as a router a Assus AC1300 which I would like to use as a DHCP server...I know this should be fairly but I must be doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated 

Options
1 Reply
Re:2 Vlans and a router on a stick
2018-09-27 08:08:42

ADDO wrote

I know RTFM..but I seem to be having some issues getting it to work....I have a T1600G-28PS..What I want to set up is 2 vlans (with switch ports used for POE cameras and a uplink to go to another POE switch) The other vlan I want to use for the non POE computers or streaming devices....I want to seperate the 2 since I don't want streaming...etc to get in the say of the cameras....not sure if I will need that or not)...but I will use as a router a Assus AC1300 which I would like to use as a DHCP server...I know this should be fairly but I must be doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated 

Hi ADDO:

You need configure two VLAN and change the PVID for different ports. In my opinion, maybe there are some wrong with your configuration.

1. forget change the PVID, if you have VLAN2 and VLAN3, you need change the PVID for corresponding port to 2 or 3.

2. configure the error attribute for uplink port, uplink port should belong to two differnet vlan, and tagged.

I suggest you read FAQ firstly,https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2149.html

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1267

Replies: 1

Related Articles