tl-sg108 irregular connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-21 20:07:16

First, my firmware sticker says it V3 and I have no idea how to access the switch to update it. Can't find the ip address for it anywhere.

If I could, it might resolve the following issue:

Since installing the switch, whenever the computers are turned off, one or both of them fail to reconnect. I've replaced the modem, the coax cable and the thunderbolt gigabit connectors and tried switching the ethernet cables but it still happens. For example, if I reset the modem and finally the computer hooks up (maybe after one or two tries), then I have to go through the same resest for my Roku box which will have lost the connection. If I reset the modem again for that and my computers are off, then they lose the internet when they are next switched on. If I do not shut my computers off, they maintain the connection but it is 50-50 if they reconnect after haveing been switched off.

I can find no other cause than this switch which is why I'm hoping that an upgrade to V4 would actually work, but can't find the default ip address.

Of course, it might be that I have a bad switch...

Any other suggestions on offer, as I'm getting ticked off with this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:tl-sg108 irregular connectivity
2018-10-23 15:24:59
TL-SG108 should be the unmanaged switch. So it cannot be managed and has not the IP address.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 1

Related Articles